Forum

TOPIC: Bit Torrent

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #8813

It is a godsend. :)I've downloaded old tv shows that aren't in syndication or on DVD (like Brimston and Brisco County Jr), games that are out of print and hard to find movies. I love this program.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #8941

  • Burr
  • Burr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 10751
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1995
Stonecoldfreak1 wrote:
thats kinda funny actually
Not really considering BT's first major use was distributing new versions of Linux distros, the non-legit uses came afterward.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #8945

  • MusicFan
  • MusicFan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 1834
  • Karma: 382
I'm a n00b to the BitTorrent thing. Can anyone PM me some a list a good sites to find short-lived tv shows. Thanks in advance. I think DigiPen should BitTorrent when you download stuff of their site.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #8956

  • Raghnall
  • Raghnall's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 9
  • Posts: 540
  • Karma: 103
i use to download anime series, but there are like no seeds for hardly anything. so it is quite common that a lot of my stuff only downloads at 2-5 kb a second. so, downloading a 4gb file can take like a week./sighi don't have much choice though i guess.
i keep the wolf from the doorbut he calls me upcalls me on the phonetells me all the ways that he\'s gonna mess me upsteal all my childrenif i don\'t pay the ransombut i\'ll never see him againif i squeal to the cops
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #8966

  • Arandar
  • Arandar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 5024
  • Karma: 1345
MusicFan wrote:
I'm a n00b to the BitTorrent thing. Can anyone PM me some a list a good sites to find short-lived tv shows. Thanks in advance. I think DigiPen should BitTorrent when you download stuff of their site.
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I got some stuff from LimeWire but I can;t find any of the tv shows I want. Basically all the one season or less shows that are listed in the dead shows thread. I want to find those and keep them forever since they will never go to DVD and they were so great. So if anyone sent MusicFan a PM on how to get this stuff mind just hitting copy and paste? Thanks. :smile:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #8979

  • Octocamo
  • Octocamo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 11021
  • Karma: 2607
a good site is www.bitoogle.com a search engine for torrents.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #9031

  • InnerLogic
  • InnerLogic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2923
  • Karma: 1341
You can also go here to find some torrent files Here is a little FAQ of about how bit torrent works.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #9085

  • Arandar
  • Arandar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 5024
  • Karma: 1345
InnerLogic wrote:
You can also go here to find some torrent files Here is a little FAQ of about how bit torrent works.
Well that was kind of informative I guess, and also a bit confusing. Heh nice pictures though, its always lovely to be compared to a colony of bees. :razz: I'll try checking that out sometime. I mean I just want to get some of the old tv shows from the dead shows thread that didn't even last one season. Theya ren't anywhere, not even DVD, so this is my only choice if I ever want to see them again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #9125

  • Duality
  • Duality's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage B - 1
  • Posts: 1276
  • Karma: 1014
InnerLogic wrote:
You can also go here to find some torrent files
I would suggest against going to Suprnova. Its become a major trap for movie/television studios and record companies to monitor who is downloading their pirated properties.I've had no less than six people I know get notices from companies like MGM and their ISP notifying them that they are in violation of copyright law and should cease what they're doing.It was only a notice and not a legal order or anything, but it is a sign that the intellectual property owners are watching BitTorrent. And software like PeerGuardian will not keep you safe in this instance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 3 months ago #9135

  • InnerLogic
  • InnerLogic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2923
  • Karma: 1341
Duality wrote:
I would suggest against going to Suprnova. Its become a major trap for movie/television studios and record companies to monitor who is downloading their pirated properties. I've had no less than six people I know get notices from companies like MGM and their ISP notifying them that they are in violation of copyright law and should cease what they're doing. It was only a notice and not a legal order or anything, but it is a sign that the intellectual property owners are watching BitTorrent. And software like PeerGuardian will not keep you safe in this instance.
really? wow, very susprised. I don't download movies anyway, or games really (not ANYMORE), Just "whose line is it anyway", and even then i only go for a few episodes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.