Forum

TOPIC: Bit Torrent

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8705

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Burr wrote:
Bit Torrent has plenty of legit uses. Even if it didn't help us get movies, games, etc. it'd be an awesome program. It's a way to sequester a lot of bandwidth for distribution without paying for it.
IT does haev a lot of legitimate uses, blizzard uses it to distribute the WoW beta to the testers.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8707

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
agn wrote:
a gift to media junkies
Hmm.. I might need to use this.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8730

arefx wrote:
IT does haev a lot of legitimate uses, blizzard uses it to distribute the WoW beta to the testers.
thats kinda funny actually
[gamercard]Stonecoldfreak1[/gamercard]

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8741

• agn
  • Administrator
I think all free game demos should be released through bit torrent, i think most of the game sites charge for downloading videos and demos that are supposed to be free. I understand that their servers and that bandwidth costs money, but if the files go through bit torrent, it uses the mass of downloaders against itself and makes the file distribution faster and more efficient. They could save alot of money on those servers and bandwidth and just offer a few seeds.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8744

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
agn wrote:
I think all free game demos should be released through bit torrent, i think most of the game sites charge for downloading videos and demos that are supposed to be free. I understand that their servers and that bandwidth costs money, but if the files go through bit torrent, it uses the mass of downloaders against itself and makes the file distribution faster and more efficient. They could save alot of money on those servers and bandwidth and just offer a few seeds.
Well, a great site I use for PC demos and game/movie trailers is http://www.filerush.comThey use bit torrent.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8745

yeah but id think they would rather make a little extra money. either way someone will put it on bt so were good.
[gamercard]Stonecoldfreak1[/gamercard]

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8748

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
agn wrote:
i think most of the game sites charge for downloading videos and demos that are supposed to be free.
This might help your problem.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8755

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
agn wrote:
I think all free game demos should be released through bit torrent
I absolutely agree. I'm still trying to figure out just why more sites haven't started going to this model. Their total bandwidth costs can be cut down dramatically, especially when a file is just released. All they need to do is archive the file for being the primary seed. As a new release, it cuts down their bandwidth while everyone shares. I'm glad to see companies like Valve picking it up (going so far as to hire the developer of the original BitTorrent client to work on Steam).I much prefer gaming portal sites that offer a BT link over waiting in line for a traditional download.

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8756

its a gift the only problem is that sometimes it takes a while for the user to be on to download it.
XBL - Sgt Outlaw54Steam, PS2, and PC - Outlaw54MxO - Outlaw54 - VectorGunz Online - Outlaw54WoW - Splnter - MedivhTeam e5 Gamers\' Guild

Bit Torrent 15 years 1 month ago #8761

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I use LimeWire to download some stuff, although not really much. The thing I like about it is an icon doesn't show up on the bottom right side of the comp so no one knows I downloaded it all, at least as far as I know. Sometimes things take to long to download that which is kind of annoying. Where do you get Bit Torrent anyway? And does an icon show up like it does for say Yahoo Messanger? I want to try and get some tv shows that got canned in season one, see the thread about dead shows in the Television Forum.