Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning*

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7795

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Captain M4d wrote:
The graphics need to come to a point where it seems like everything is a living entity rather than a model and some textures that have just been loaded up.
Yeah. If they can make those models shown, and that IS in game, then they can make a photorealistic human in a game. Humans have far less wrinkles to deal with then those creatures do.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7797

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
here is some more eyecandy for those of you who havent seen it yet keep in mind those walls in the last shot are just on polygon (a flat surface)more in next post (there is a 3 picture per thread limi)
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7798

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
ragdoll physicsfor these next to screens what they do is take the low poly model, then the engine overlays the detail from the high poly model where it is needed, this is so it has less to render when playing the game, and speed it up more in next post
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7799

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
here is an amazingly detailed level and here is a shot that shows the amazing amount of detail in the walls interesting fact on the character models: the models used in this have more polys than an entire map from the first unreal game!
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #8398

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Holy fuck.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #10589

The third one looks like an action figure.
Sweet.

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #10647

:shock:::shits pants::

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #10735

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
This is incredibly cynical, but ...... graphics will continue to grow as long as there's money to be made on hardware. I'd be perfectly happy with the way graphics are now. Instead of focusing all of their attention and the millions of development dollars on graphics engines, I want them to come up with original and innovative ideas for gameplay.I want them to try something other than the same hackneyed World War II FPS.
  • Page: