Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning*

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7612

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Graphics have improved so much since the days of when Atari and Intellivision ruled the gaming world, but seriously, do you see any more room for graphics to improve? I just can't see them looking any better than what we saw at the E3 Unreal 3 Engine Tech Demo, it was amazing, the environments look stunnign, and realistic, the streets looked just like they do when I am looking out my window. How do you guys see them getting better? Honestly, how can it really get more realistic than this: also, I know if they can make the character look like this: then they can surely make a human charater that looks and acts photorealistic, with realistic wrinkles and everything, but where would it g from there? here is anouther screenshot, just for viewing pleasure:
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7617

Holy COW! That third image was amazing! Really, graphics can only go so far, and then what? Totally immersive experience? But who wants to put some funky helmet on their head to play Doom 6?
"And when you lose control, you\'ll reap the harvest you have sown."

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7618

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
MalcolmBrass wrote:
Holy COW! That third image was amazing! Really, graphics can only go so far, and then what? Totally immersive experience? But who wants to put some funky helmet on their head to play Doom 6?
See thats the thing, the only way I think it could really get better is if you felt as if you were in the game, like you looked down whan playing a fps and instead of your hands you saw the game, but they would had to find a way so you wouldnt have to have a huge thing on your head, so I think, really just looking at a screen is best.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7621

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I don't know if the movie is out for this or not, but I saw this engine demo at the nVidia booth at E3. (The line was very, very short, and I only stood in it for about 3 minutes before being ushered into the "theater")It looks as good as those pictures, AND it's animated. And it was in the engine, as the guy was flying around with WASD controls and everything.The part I gawked over was when they went into wireframe mode on the walls, and the wall was just one polygon. The texture mapping made it look amazing, but it was just one polygon.Wouldn't mean much to y'all, but to a programmer like myself...Wow.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7622

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf wrote:
I don't know if the movie is out for this or not, but I saw this engine demo at the nVidia booth at E3. (The line was very, very short, and I only stood in it for about 3 minutes before being ushered into the "theater") It looks as good as those pictures, AND it's animated. And it was in the engine, as the guy was flying around with WASD controls and everything. The part I gawked over was when they went into wireframe mode on the walls, and the wall was just one polygon. The texture mapping made it look amazing, but it was just one polygon. Wouldn't mean much to y'all, but to a programmer like myself...Wow.
yes there is a video of it, and yes, it was jaw dropping.
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7623

I think the next thing that should be taken care of is the anatomy of humans and creatures. Picture this:You are playing ChaosUT3004 (sword slashing mod for Unreal Tournament). You slash one of your opponents in half. You crouch down to take a closer look, and you notice that the large intestine has started to fall out of the player's upper torso. It may be really gross, but that's how it should be eventually. Maybe even have the bodies deteriate over time. I don't think graphical improvement will be much of a worry for the years to come.

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7624

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Captain M4d wrote:
I think the next thing that should be taken care of is the anatomy of humans and creatures. Picture this: You are playing ChaosUT3004 (sword slashing mod for Unreal Tournament). You slash one of your opponents in half. You crouch down to take a closer look, and you notice that the large intestine has started to fall out of the player's upper torso. It may be really gross, but that's how it should be eventually. Maybe even have the bodies deteriate over time. I don't think graphical improvement will be much of a worry for the years to come.
Yeah, those little touches really make a difference, liek in doom3 , if you saw the video on pulse, the one corpse cought on fire after it was kille and part of it burned into ashes, and it looked simply amazing.
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7750

• dl4ndow
  • Level 9
I think graphically they could still push the envelope to where you can't tell if it's real or CG. Plus, as physics engines keep improving, it'll look more and more realistic. That third picture is amazing.
:)

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7754

boob physics are not rela enough in my opinion.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Where will graphics go from here? *56k warning* 15 years 3 months ago #7794

The graphics need to come to a point where it seems like everything is a living entity rather than a model and some textures that have just been loaded up.
  • Page: