Forum

TOPIC: Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #7103

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Full Text Of SpeechVideo Of Speech(Via C-Span)Obama For IllinoisBarack Obama's Blog What the public is saying about him:
just finished watching a future president of our united states and i am so excited..first time since john f.kennedy....i am a grandmother thinking of the future of my granchildren...barack is their future..thank god..i will just have to wait until he goes national and i will be so happy to work towards the hope barack has given me...god bless....laura from massachusettsPosted by Laura at July 27, 2004 10:51 PM
If they let Obama speak for the rest of the week, the majority of the delegates would surely feel, as I do, that perhaps he should be the next President of the United States of America!Posted by Paul A. Bruce at July 27, 2004 10:55 PM
Wow! If only most of our public leaders had the same vision. Barack is the "hope" for the US.Posted by JaRa608 at July 27, 2004 11:00 PM
I am a die hard Republican from Illinois and I have met Barack twice. Regardless of my political views and party differences, I was inspired by Barack and am proud that he will represent Illinois in the US Senate - and possibly well beyond. Posted by JD at July 27, 2004 11:03 PM
Not since John F. Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King has someone had the potential to inspire so many. He embodies the American dream and has the ability to reach out to Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and current non-voter. Obama in 2012!!! *It's really too bad his address wasn't covered on in prime time by the major networks... Jeff WLittle Rock, AR Posted by bigwood25 at July 27, 2004 11:06 PM
Finally a candidate who reaches beyond party lines and rises above "politics as usual." I had never heard of this man before tonight and yet by the end of it I felt like we should be nominating him for the presidency! He's exactly the kind of person that we as a people are craving to elect into office. A fresh perspective with real heart. I hope that he represents the future of American politics, bringing heart and soul back into our government! A wonderfully inspiring speech. A true breath of fresh air! Posted by AJ Landa at July 27, 2004 11:06 PM
When I heard his speech tonight at the DNC,I felt, for the first time in years, True Hope for the future of this country. It is embodied in the dreams and the leadership of Barack Obama. Posted by Kate Raudenbush at July 27, 2004 11:10 PM
Barack, I don't know what to say or where to begin.Thank you. I have never been so proud to be from Illinois. And I will never forget that speech. --ToschaPosted by Toscha at July 27, 2004 11:10 PM
Wonderful. This was the most moving speech I have heard in years. I expect that I just witnessed a major speech from a future President of the United States!You have a supporter here in California. I am proud of you.Posted by Judi P. at July 27, 2004 11:15 PM
Senator Obama,What an inspiring speech you gave at the Democratic Convention. Remain true to yourself and this great nation and be an honest person and I will look forward to voting for you as one of our brightest future presidents. You will be a great leader and you are a credit to your youth. I will be following your political career and wish you best of luck. You are bringing a breath of fresh air to our nations future. You are greatly needed by the American people. Jeri from KentuckyPosted by Jeri Taylor at July 27, 2004 11:15 PM
Wow. I'd read about this guy on DailyKos, but I'd never seen him speak.I'd heard all the pundits and reporters refer to him as a "rising star," but I'd never seen him speak. Tonight I saw him speak (twice!) and all I can say is "Wow!" He will not only be the next Senator from Illinois, he will be a future President of the United States. Everyone who saw that speech should mark this day in their calendars, journals, and blogs as the day they saw the future President break onto the national stage. You guys have been supporting a great candidate; you're lucky to have him as your next Senator.Posted by Phillip at July 27, 2004 11:17 PM
As a 23 year old Political Science graduate, Canadian and caucasian person, I still could not help but feel inspired by Barack Obama's words of wisdom. Barack is truly a remarkable person with great potential to motivate masses and generate hope that reach beyond any racial lines. The fact I am not American did not remove from the message presented and I find great hope in the future of the Democratic Party with Barack involved. The interests and pursuits of the U.S. effect us all and the greatest benefit is Obama's ability to present his case with a non aggressive tone that reveals our intrinsic desire for hope and optimism that can not be described without witnessing his energy and not just read the transcript of the speech on paper. I certainly hope he joins the campaign trail not just for himself in Illinois, but to promote the greater purpose of the Democratic leadership pursuits of America and its bright potential future. Terrific Job.Posted by Chris Valius at July 27, 2004 11:19 PM
Deeply touched by the soul of this man. Lead us on to the country of global vision. We need leaders with broad and diverse backgrounds and the heart and humility to make us trust again. Thank you for the priviledge of seeing you this evening.Posted by Ann at July 27, 2004 11:19 PM
I would be speechless...if I could stop crying long enough. I was born in Illinois and raised in Texas: guess which one I am proud to say I'm from tonight!God bless you Senator for restoring my hope in my country and in our political process. Posted by April at July 27, 2004 11:21 PM
I am a 21 year old college student in Illinois and I just hope that my fellow classmates saw Barack's speech. As I watch it on PBS I got chills and all that I could think of was "Gosh this man WILL be President someday, and he will have my vote." Everyone get out and volunteer, we need a man like Barack in the Senate before he can get in the Whitehouse.Posted by Nicole at July 27, 2004 11:22 PM
I live in New York and I'm jealous. I had chills listening to him. This will go down as one of the Great Speeches of the 21st Century. I can't wait until he runs for president and he will run. He was JFK and Martin Luther King combined. I knew he would be good but I was astonished at how good he actually was. Posted by Eather at July 27, 2004 11:35 PM
Barak Obama you are America. You are the future. Your eloquence and passion comes from the soul, and you distinquish yourself with an ability to reach out and touch all of humanity. My best wishes for your continued succeaa. I will be watching all the way from California.Posted by Jane at July 27, 2004 11:36 PM
I'm not proud to be American tonight, but only because I'm not American. I'm proud to be human tonight.Posted by tis at July 27, 2004 11:56 PM
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #9623

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
I missed Obama's speach during the convention but caught it on IN-Demand last night (our cable actually has all the DNC speaches IN-Demand, go figure).It was a good speach, only thing I wonder about him is if he's popular because of all the hype or if the hype is because he's so popular. About a week before the DNC I remember every cable outlet talking about the only contender left in the Illinois senate race after Jack Ryan dropped out due to being a sex perv :-P Made me wonder if the Democratic spokespeople went on all the talk shows to get the word out that he's awesome and if that hype made him seem better than he might actually be. It wouldn't be the first time something like this was done. Not saying he's a fraud or anything like that mind you, I just wonder if people liked his speech a lil' more cause he was hyped than if he wouldn't have been.

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #9690

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well thats pretty much how things work though. You hype someone up and then they either deliver or they don't. I didn't see the speech or anything but I heard some of the things he said, butremember back at E3 everyone, at least all the Nintendo fans, were making such a big deal about Reggie? There were like 10 threads a day about him at least in the Discussion forum, yet I didn't really get why. I actually got sick of them and started complaining about it since all of them were basically just the same exact thing. So I suppose this is kind of like that where some people are making a big deal out of him and others are just kind of confused why. Ironically their both black, so part of me has to wonder if they were both white would anyone even care?

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #9701

I caught a small part of his speech while flipping through the channels and thought he had a LOT of charisma. The fact that he caused me to actually pause during my channel-surfing-during-the-commercial-break routine surprised me.
"And when you lose control, you\'ll reap the harvest you have sown."

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #9720

• Raghnall
  • Level 9
he certainly is the media's darling now...funny, if he was running instead of john kerry i think he would hands down win the election.
i keep the wolf from the doorbut he calls me upcalls me on the phonetells me all the ways that he\'s gonna mess me upsteal all my childrenif i don\'t pay the ransombut i\'ll never see him againif i squeal to the cops

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #9732

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Raghnall wrote:
he certainly is the media's darling now...funny, if he was running instead of john kerry i think he would hands down win the election.
If the south's electoral votes were dismissed he would. Too many biggots in teh South and Mid-West wouldn't vote for him even if he assured us everything we wanted. That or he'd be assasinated, which is a bloddy shame cause I want Colin Powell to run sometime.

Barack Obama-Best Person In Modern Politcs 15 years 1 month ago #9739

I would have voted for Colin Powell in a heartbeat, but he IS a smart man and that may be why he won't run.
"And when you lose control, you\'ll reap the harvest you have sown."