Forum

TOPIC: Do you use the reputation feature?

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6274

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
If the thingy is green, it's positive.If it's grey, it's negative.I've gotten both. :>
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6276

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
I used it once, but for the most part I don't alot since its kind of hard, at least if you ask me, to pick out a particular post thats "worthy". I mean usually these things tend to be the longer a post is the better people think it is, so long as it has even just a couple sentences of useful information. I think we all know, at least those of us from G4, who the good posters and who the bad posters are, so rating certain posts is kind of hard since what makes one post different then another? I like the feature, I mean I think its a great idea and all, just kind of hard to actually pull off since different people have different opinions. Plus no one has referred me. :smt022 Heh you all suck! :razz: J/K. EDIT: I just saw Blackwolfs post and went to check mine. Apparently I have got two. One a blank one and then another one who I think I can figure out who its from, not like it matters though. Is there a well to tell if its positive or negative? Their just like sitting there. Whats a referrel then? If you check your profle it will say how many you have, so I would think a positive feedback comment would mean its a referrel or something.
+ is green im not usre but - might b red and grey is when the person who gave it to you doesn have 50+ post's yet, so it wont count untill they hit 50. so far I got one green and one grey. EDIT: or grey is -....
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6277

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Apulo wrote:
The forum rankings and user reputation features will become more useful in the future. Mark my words... :)
And if they don't then we can all look back at this post and laugh at you. :razz: I hope it will be in a way that can make things kind of evened out though. Since usually at message forums the older members with a ton of posts tend to act superior to newer members. Or just other members in general, regardless of join date. I look forward to what all your "modifications" will be though. Any chance of letting us know if your trying to make this a site like GameFAQs? I'm guessing that one over IGN since IGN is a buisness site like G4 and here you guys allow stuff they wouldn't. EDIT: Sweet both mine are green, even the blank one. Thanks to both of you, or the one of you who it was. BTW, Duality I bitch anyway so no worries there. :razz:

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6282

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
And if they don't then we can all look back at this post and laugh at you. :razz: I hope it will be in a way that can make things kind of evened out though. Since usually at message forums the older members with a ton of posts tend to act superior to newer members. Or just other members in general, regardless of join date. I look forward to what all your "modifications" will be though. Any chance of letting us know if your trying to make this a site like GameFAQs? I'm guessing that one over IGN since IGN is a buisness site like G4 and here you guys allow stuff they wouldn't. EDIT: Sweet both mine are green, even the blank one. Thanks to both of you, or the one of you who it was. BTW, Duality I bitch anyway so no worries there. :razz:
you are welcome :)
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6286

• Apulo
  • Level 5
Arandar wrote:
I hope it will be in a way that can make things kind of evened out though. Since usually at message forums the older members with a ton of posts tend to act superior to newer members. Or just other members in general, regardless of join date.
Thats the plan in a nutshell.

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6291

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Apulo wrote:
Thats the plan in a nutshell.
thats why I think the reputation feature is so good. I don't want to see this turn into anouther g4techtv forum, that place is out of control. with this instead of flamign the person they can give them bad reputation. I believe I read somewhere that if it gets really bad you can make it so they are on a type of probation, and it encourages you not to bitch at them becuase others will give you negative reputation too.
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6294

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
arefx wrote:
thats why I think the reputation feature is so good. I don't want to see this turn into anouther g4techtv forum, that place is out of control. with this instead of flamign the person they can give them bad reputation. I believe I read somewhere that if it gets really bad you can make it so they are on a type of probation, and it encourages you not to bitch at them becuase others will give you negative reputation too.
I'm screwed. :smt022 I think the good thing though is that alot of the spammers and bad members never seem to come over to these other forums. Like this one and M3w's forums. I guess their just to busy wasting their lives over at G4. Heh have some diversity, I waste my life at both! :biggrin: As for older members acting superior I suppose my custom doesn't exactly help. :razz:

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6296

• Apulo
  • Level 5
Well, I just added the first benefit to having a good reputation.When you hit "is just plain nice" reputation, you can change your own custom title. :smt035

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6297

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
I'm screwed. :smt022 I think the good thing though is that alot of the spammers and bad members never seem to come over to these other forums. Like this one and M3w's forums. I guess their just to busy wasting their lives over at G4. Heh have some diversity, I waste my life at both! :biggrin: As for older members acting superior I suppose my custom doesn't exactly help. :razz:
I have only been wasting my life here latley, im sick of all the crap that goes on in those forums, its just annyign to have to listen to all the arguing, latley I just try not to click any threads that could be controversial.
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:

Do you use the reputation feature? 15 years 4 months ago #6300

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
The best thing to is I can say I wasn't involved, for once. I have made like maybe 25 posts in the last week at G4. Those forums have been going so slow for me for some reason lately. And its only that site really, and I have DSl to! DAMN MS! And yes I can say that since I have MSN and MS Internet Explorer keeps popping up and screwing everything up. People complain about AOL, well having had both I can tell you, MSN is worse. We have Verizon DSL with MSN, but Verizon provides the DSL service to AOL as well and it never went this slow or had this many problems so soon. I mean its been a month and I hate it already, not a good sign. About my custom I was mostly just making a joke. But I might change it eventually if I end up keeping this avatar. Unless I were picked as a mod then I would change it to mod or whatever forum mod since I think it would be helpful to newer people then knowing who the mods are. Thats a problem I have with G4, I have been there over a year and I still don't even know who all the mod, senior mods, and admins are. I suggest they just make one big list of who everyone is since it would help, but I was told there was a list of who the senior mods are, which doesn't exactly help since that just pertains to getting your custom changed mostly.