Forum

TOPIC: Poor G4..

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4214

They're finally getting more mods... thank God.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4216

• MageMasher
  • Stage A - 1
Rayo wrote:
HA! Last night was nothing compared to others. It was totally lame and done by total ammatuers so it was probably the Techtv trolls.
lol...no..they were from the world of warcraft fourms...LMFAO
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4220

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
Heh as for your question, where do you think they were? Not there. They hardly ever are, regardless of how much they say they are there and to PM them with any problems.
If I remember correctly, it occured at 4:00AM.I'll tell you where I was.ASLEEP.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4221

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf wrote:
Arandar wrote:
Heh as for your question, where do you think they were? Not there. They hardly ever are, regardless of how much they say they are there and to PM them with any problems.
If I remember correctly, it occured at 4:00AM.I'll tell you where I was.ASLEEP.
Well I just found out it happened at 4AM, but I'm not talking about just this. There have been plenty of times when no mods or admins are on at all to take care of these problems. Its gets annoying since there are like 20 or so of them and sometimes for hours on end not one is on the board. Not to mention I doubt everyone knows who each and every Mod, Senior Mod, and Admin is so that makes things harder when you don't see the ones you know online.Gene how do you know their finally going to make more mods? I haven't heard anything like that at all.

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4222

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Here's my philosophy on that:The world won't end because something on a message board isn't handled in 5 minutes.It's just an internet message board. It's not life and death.You can have 100 mods, and there will still be times that nobody will be around. That's true anywhere. You will never have complete coverage in a volunteer environment on a place as large as G4techTV. That's just the way it works.I wish it wasn't, but that's just the way it works. In the chat room, we went from 11 ops (mods) to 25 with the merger, and it seems we have MORE times that nobody's around to deal with something in chat.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4223

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Thats my point though. If the ones who we do have now don't do anything then we should get rid of them. There should just be more in general though. I mean 20 or so mods and admins are supposed to take care of the boards with OVER 100,000 members how? I mean thats about 1 mod/admin to every 4,000 people. There are boards with less then 4,000 people that have more mods then G4TechTV. I think we just need more in general. I know not everything is going to by caught in 5 minutes, but when its the middle of the day and none are one and some stuff is just up for hours on end, then that seems unacceptable to me. Maybe thats just me though, which apparently it seems like it is.

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4228

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Unless they start paying some people to do it you can't expect 100% accountability for what is a volunteer job. It's just not happening.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4234

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Burr wrote:
Unless they start paying some people to do it you can't expect 100% accountability for what is a volunteer job. It's just not happening.
I'll do it. I'm there most of the time I'm online anyway. I spend at least 5 hours or more online a day and I'm on G4 for probably 90% of that time or more. Even when I'm not actually physically looking at the boards I still have them open on another screen. Now I do the same for this one as well. I mean I'm there alot and I complain about this stuff so if I were to be a mod I would only have myself to complain about. If I do a bad job then get rid of me, but I would just like something to be done about what seems like a lack of moderation imo. Whether that be new mods, more mods, I get made a mod, or something else I don't really care, something is better then nothing.

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4235

Good job Tedakin. You are my favorite mod. :)

Poor G4.. 15 years 4 months ago #4277

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
I read a comment from another mod at G4TechTv and they said something about 300 posts!!! All I can say is Damn! These people have no life.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake