Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Yayyy!Twitter Now Testing/Allowing 280 Characters

Yayyy!Twitter Now Testing/Allowing 280 Characters 1 year 10 months ago #401159

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody,

Have you heard about the the new limit on twitter messages? Twitter is famous for its 140 character maximum including spaces. I don't know how many times I've squeezed together words, misspelled words, dropped punctuation, etc. in order to fit what I wanted to say in 140 characters.

Interesting enough, just recently I was using twitter and was ready to mash words together when I noticed the familiar warning in red showing how many characters I was over the 140 never showed. I dismissed this, and thought it was a fluke. Well, it turns out that it was not a fluke. Twitter is testing the usage of up to 280 characters on twitter!

For some this may be a relief and for others it may not be welcomed -- especially if you don't want to read long passages, when a few words will do. I'm curious -- which do you prefer.

Please vote yes if you are in favor of the character expansion to 280 characters. Vote no if you think twitter should have stayed at 140 characters.

Thanks a lot and either enjoy or do not enjoy the new character length for twitter!

RealMsH

Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by RealMsH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.