Forum

TOPIC: IPhone X Available November 3, 2017

IPhone X Available November 3, 2017 1 year 10 months ago #401134

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

Are you in the market for a new iPhone? If so, the latest iPhone, the iPhone X will be available starting November 3, 2017. Of course, you may already have pre-ordered your iPhone X. However, word is that Apple is experiencing some production problems as of late, which hopefully will not present challenges of you getting your iPhone X.

I received an email from Apple stating the iPhone X will be available on November 3, 2017 and wanted to remind everyone. In the meantime, below is a hands on tutorial of the iPhone X and information about the pre-orders! Enjoy!

Thanks!

RealMsH

The administrator has disabled public write access.

IPhone X Available November 3, 2017 1 year 10 months ago #401143

• RealMsH
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everybody!

It's interesting to me that Apple iPhone X uses an OLED Samsung screen. As a result, it's possible to see an unsightly image "burn-in" on the phone - even when displaying another picture. Personally, I think Apple should have made full disclosure not just on its support page, but also during its conference on September 12, 2017. Even a slight mention of the technology being used would have sufficed.

I attended the Apple conference from the beginning to the end -- on-line -- and not once was it mentioned that Apple was using an OLED Samsung screen for the iPhone X. Interesting enough, it appears that other phone makers use Samsung's OLED screen as well.

The above being said, below is a video of a side by side comparison of the iPhone X with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Note that the side by side test is not real-time for all comparisons because the presenter stated some processes took longer than others, so he "edited" the video. Therefore, the results of this comparison is suspect. In other words, take it with a grain of salt. Also, during the demo he mentioned that he has an iPhone 7 plus in one instance, and then that he has an iPhone 8 plus in another. Who knows -- maybe he owns two phones?

I want to share this video with you and to give you more food for thought if you are considering getting an iPhone X. On a positive note, I did enjoy his demonstration of how fast various video games load on each phone. Additionally, I added a video below from an iPhone X owner who discusses the possible burn-in image screen problem that could manifest if certain percautions regarding brightness settings, etc. are not followed -- as specified by Apple (conveniently after launch date).

As always -- the two magic words are "Buyer Beware!"

Happy Gaming!

RealMsH

Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by RealMsH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.