Forum

TOPIC: OUYA Gaming

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397245

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
It's "free" (the games supposedly), open hackability, $99 and a new method (or platform) to game.Introducing OUYA.
Ouya is pronounced like "Booyah" without the B.While the team is careful to call it a "console" not a "set-top box," you'd be forgiven for making the mistake initially. Both are small, usually cheap, and offering experimental experiences.Every game on the Ouya will be free-to-play, at least at first, with developers then setting their own prices, micro-transactions, or anything it takes to monetize their games.On top of that, the console will only cost $99.But the actual box is only part of the excitement. The controller is where the real magic is. It features all the usuals - two analog sticks, a d-pad, eight buttons. But then it also comes with a touchpad (much smaller than the Wii U's (we're told it'll be somewhere between 3.5 and 4 inches), which should make all the Android touchscreen games easy to port.
OUYA Kickstarter and Info PageIGN.comhttp://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/059/010/5d904f1a448aa0d3a72e7e2011f08523_large.jpg?1341631647
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397247

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I pledged. At the very least it'll be a good emulator box and video streamer, but we'll see..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397248

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;397247 wrote:
I pledged. At the very least it'll be a good emulator box and video streamer, but we'll see..
Well Burr, you are part of the reason that Ouya has had the Biggest Kickstarter Launch Day of All Time! That's pretty awesome. I like the fact that this seems like it would be a free open market for Devs, sort of like a Youtube for game makers. They make their games, put them up on Ouya, set their own prices and support content and go.Umm, can I buy Stock in this company???

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397250

• Burr
Pretty crazy how fast it's taken off. Kinda like the Raspberry Pi I guess, but a lot cooler,IMO. :p

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397252

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Cool idea but I can just plug my transformer to my tv and plug xbox controller into it and then it's the same thing.Or any android device with hdmi out. You can get it so you use your ps3 controller via blutooth.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397255

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Octocamo;397252 wrote:
Cool idea but I can just plug my transformer to my tv and plug xbox controller into it and then it's the same thing.Or any android device with hdmi out. You can get it so you use your ps3 controller via blutooth.
The cheap price and free-to-play is what gets me even though these are pretty much app games but some of the newer Ipad/Pod and Andriod game engines are improving a lot.

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397261

• Burr
This is a lot easier than hooking up a bunch of cables to your tablet or phone, and what if you still want to use them while gaming? Plus its a standardized platform for development to target.

OUYA Gaming 7 years 3 months ago #397262

• True
  • Stage A - 1
If they could get the new (coming soon) Walking Dead Facebook game on there or Mafia Wars, that would be cool. Wouldn't have to sit in front of my computer for those.

OUYA Gaming 7 years 2 months ago #397283

• Burr
I canceled my pledge. They've got a lot of money but after reading various stuff like the interview with the OpenPandora handheld maker I think they're being naive and I don't want the potential drama of waiting a year or more for this. If it comes out for real then I'll get it.

OUYA Gaming 7 years 2 months ago #397285

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;397283 wrote:
I canceled my pledge. They've got a lot of money but after reading various stuff like the interview with the OpenPandora handheld maker I think they're being naive and I don't want the potential drama of waiting a year or more for this. If it comes out for real then I'll get it.
Yeah, I'd like to see the thing closer to release , but what did you read that make you say that they seem naive?