Forum

TOPIC: Microsoft Announces New Tablet

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397153

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
The Surface Tablet Has a full built in keyboard that is held to the back of the tablet by magnet, pretty sweet and runs on Windows 8. 3.5 mm thin and Touchpad built in to that as well. Will it compete with the Ipad?Will come in two versions: Windows RT and Windows 8 Professional. When you fold the cover back, it turns off. The Pro version has Ivy Bridge processors from Intel. Venting all around the case. The Pro version has a stylus or "digital ink". Will be priced at comparable with competitive ARM tablets. Retail availability will be at the time of the Windows 8 general availability. Some specs. there are two models. Model 1:OS: Windows RT676 grams9.3 mm thin10.6" ClearType HD DisplaymicroSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD video, 2x@ MIMO antennaOffice Home and Student 2013 RT, Touch Cover, Type CoverVaporMg Case and Stand32GB and 64 GBModel 2:Windows 8 Pro903 grams13.5 mm thick10.6" ClearType HD Displaylarger batterymicroSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennaeTouch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm BlockVaporMg Case & Stand64 GB, 128 GB
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397154

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
[youtube]dpzu3HM2CIo[/youtube]Video showing! Sweet.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397155

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Very interesting. The pro version might be an alternative to a laptop,, but I think I'm still in line for an ultrabook.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397158

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I can't believe I'm already excited to replace my MacBook Air I only bought last September. I'll still wait until it's not meeting my needs to replace it, but I can't wait to see what the market will be like at that time. MS really threw the gauntlet down on Apple here. It's about time the iPad had a proper competitor.

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397164

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
yeah I'd rather have an ultrabook, already have a transformer for my tablet needs.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397165

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Technically it looks pretty impressive. I'm curious how many people are out that have been waiting for a proper MS Tablet. I doubt there will be very many converts from iPads to Surface. I think the market for this is MS zealots and folks that need to have every cutting edge device (like Decipher :) ).

Microsoft Announces New Tablet 7 years 3 weeks ago #397166

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
This MBAir will likely be in service for at least another 3 more years. It replaced a Macbook I got in 2007 so I to hold on to gadgets. I'm just really excited for future tech. We're totally living in the future... ;)Just had to reclaim some eco-credit here.Also, to stay on topic, I can't seem to find whether the cover requires a battery, runs on bluetooth, or is directly in contact with the tablet and uses it's battery (which is preferable to me).