Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Amazon annouces New Kindles

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 1 month ago #396060

• jay irv
  • Level 4
I have already decided on the kindle but i'm still on the fence with this new tablet. I didn't even know about an amazon app market until i read the android market won't be available for this which would have made it a lot more convenient if it did. The idea that they are putting this out just to make the holiday season because they missed the deadline for the actual kindle fire that the meant to release makes sense to me in a business perspective but still annoys the hell out of me.
Originally Posted by EvilWall "Whatever happened to the good old days when you could just hit a bitch over the head with a club?"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 1 month ago #396062

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Considering what a shit-laden minefield the android market place is, the Amazon Appstore should be a refreshing change. It's actually curated so there isn't a ton of rip-off apps and malware.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 1 month ago #396065

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I was sitting around thinking of getting a Kindle $79 just have an alternative to reading my iPad when I'm out and about and don't want to carry it with me. Then I remembered I can just read on my iPhone if I have too. I'm curious how much longer standalone E-Readers will be profitable? Yes the E-ink technology is nice but you still end up with a one trick device in your bag/pocket. With the amount of SKUs Amazon is pushing right now it seems like they are confident that standalones will continue to move for them as the introduce the Fire. I don't think E-Readers will be on the front page of Amazon in 5 years.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 1 month ago #396076

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
As long as LCDs are hard to read in direct sunlight and/or blinding in dim rooms, e-ink will have a place in many readers' bags.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 1 month ago #396078

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Decipher;396076 wrote:
As long as LCDs are hard to read in direct sunlight and/or blinding in dim rooms, e-ink will have a place in many readers' bags.
I completely agree with that. As of right now I don't read outside all that much and I dim my iPad quite a bit when I read with all the lights off. In my mom's case, she reads out in the yard all the time so E-ink is perfect for her. I have to imagine though that eventually there will be a multimedia ready color screen that can be visible comfortably in any light.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 1 month ago #396096

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
Oh for sure. In fact, it will likely be based on e-ink technology. There is colour e-ink as well as video capable e-ink, but neither is quite ready for the mainstream yet.
  • Page: