Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Amazon annouces New Kindles

Amazon annouces New Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396005

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Amazon annouces it's new E-Readers, Android Tablet and web Browser Amazon Android Tablet 'Kindle Fire'
Amazon Reveals $200 Android Kindle FireAmazon's new line of tablets and e-readers has officially been announced, featuring a revised Kindle, a new e-ink Kindle touch with free 3G and the Android powered Kindle Fire. the Kindle Fire, features a 7-inch ultra-wide IPS 1024x768 display, a dual-core processor, and weighs in at 14.6 ounces. The Android tablet will have access to all of Amazon's offerings including Amazon Instant Video, the Amazon Appstore, Amazon MP3, free cloud storage, magazines and the Kindle book store.8GB of storage is included, along with a battery that boasts eight hours of reading or 7.5 hours of video playback.Whispersync was also shown off at the event, allowing users to stream movies from the Kindle Fire to their TV.The UI is completely customized, showing almost no sign of its Android roots. Adobe Flash support is included.The Silk browser on the Kindle Fire stores its cache in the Amazon EC2 cloud, ultimately improving web browsing speeds, and can even use user data to predict what webpage you are going to next.The Kindle Fire will cost $199, an impressive price considering the less-featured Barnes and Noble NOOK Color has a $250 price tag.
Other Sources: IGN.comAlso: Introducing Amazon SilkPretty sweet, nice price for me to finally jump in and get a tablet, been wanting one more and more, mostly for mobile browser use cause I do a lot of reading on the internet. Negatives are that the Fire doesn't have a 3G option OR increased onboard storage option to use SD cards (my main disappointment).[youtube]jUtmOApIslE[/youtube]
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396006

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Redonkulous pricing though. The new Kindle is $79 and Kindle Touch $99. Carazy.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396008

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Decipher;396006 wrote:
Redonkulous pricing though. The new Kindle is $79 and Kindle Touch $99. Carazy.
Yeah, the prices are what is shocking most people. So I'm guessing they'll sell pretty well.[youtube]2UfN3lDkOjE[/youtube]

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396009

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Looks an awful lot like a Blackberry Playbook.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396010

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Amazon can afford to sell it this cheap because they're going to make profits on cases and applications. The 7 inch form factor is really a sweet spot for a take everywhere device. Only 8GB of storage seems awefully low for a tablet though.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396014

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;396010 wrote:
Amazon can afford to sell it this cheap because they're going to make profits on cases and applications. The 7 inch form factor is really a sweet spot for a take everywhere device. Only 8GB of storage seems awefully low for a tablet though.
Yeah but it also supports cloud storage so it's not that bad. I'm talking myself down from buying one of these
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396017

• True
  • Stage A - 1
alexsan;396014 wrote:
Yeah but it also supports cloud storage so it's not that bad. I'm talking myself down from buying one of these
yeah, I'm trying to talk myself down from getting one right away and maybe wait till the next version comes with even better specs, but that may be long into next year :( I need something that I can use to read and watch movies/shows when I'm away from home or in the bed, not wanting to get up and onto my pc or use my Wii/PS3 or deal with the small screens of my DS/PsP :( All I currently deal with. I'm working with Sony again this year so hopefully I'll get to demo a Vita (crossing fingers) but I'm not sure since they only gave us PsP 3000s instead of Go's last year. If I come across some extra money though, I'll probably go ahead and grab a Kindle Fire now.

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396019

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
True;396017 wrote:
yeah, I'm trying to talk myself down from getting one right away and maybe wait till the next version comes with even better specs, but that may be long into next year :( I need something that I can use to read and watch movies/shows when I'm away from home or in the bed, not wanting to get up and onto my pc or use my /PS3 or deal with the small screens of my DS/PsP :( All I currently deal with. I'm working with Sony again this year so hopefully I'll get to demo a Vita (crossing fingers) but I'm not sure since they only gave us PsP 3000s instead of Go's last year. If I come across some extra money though, I'll probably go ahead and grab a Kindle Fire now.
I'm talking myself down because I already own a Kindle and an iPad. But the way it connects to Amazon is just so cool........
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396022

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;396009 wrote:
Looks an awful lot like a Blackberry Playbook.
Heh it is actually built by the same company (forget the name, not Foxconn). If only I could refind the article explaining why Amazon went with said company.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Amazon annouces Kindles 8 years 3 weeks ago #396024

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
It essentially is a Playbook, yes. It's Quanta that makes them both.http://gdgt.com/discuss/the-amazon-tablet-will-look-like-a-playbook-because-it-basically-is-g8d/While the pricing may be tempting, keep in mind this model's a stopgap for a better version, likely in Q1 2012.http://gdgt.com/discuss/oh-one-more-thing-about-the-amazon-tablet-the-second-better-version-is-coming-very-soon-g9k/
  • Page: