Forum

TOPIC: the cost of health care reform

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388679

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Anyone else totally not give two shits? Seriously. When was the last time we were truly being represented by the people in power? I say fuck it all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388682

Token White Guy;388679 wrote:
Anyone else totally not give two shits? Seriously. When was the last time we were truly being represented by the people in power? I say fuck it all.
You've taken your first steps into a larger world. Fuck 'em all, I say.

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388689

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
No way man![YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/2WHe5fxS3dA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/2WHe5fxS3dA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388749

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
Oomba;388556 wrote:
How exactly did I contradict myself? The gap between the rich and the poor (meaning that the rich are very rich, while the poor are very poor, causing the amount of working people who fall within the middle class to dwindle until the middle class just doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure I can spell it more simply for you than that.) is the source of the problems. The gap exists because unions are all but extinct, and the ones that do are too greedy for their own good ( UAW). Without workers unions, corporations know they can pay employees as little as they want. You have nowhere else to go, and everyone else is dependent on that same job because with their pay being so shitty, they certainly can't afford to strike or negotiate either. And a one man strike is the kind that ends the quickest, Actually, I think I found a way to explain it nice and easy for you, however without any pictures or sing-a-longs, it may still be lost on you. Our socioeconomic status system works like two cliffs, the rich and the poor. They are connected by a rope bridge, called the middle class. Our image as a land of opportunity was founded in the fact that in any time, a man determined enough could cross the bridge at any time. The weaker that bridge gets, the less likely anyone is going to be able to cross it, until its frays and snaps completely. The unions were like construction workers, working tirelessly day and night to make that bridge stronger and to maintain it.
Well fuck you very much, Mr. Condescending Asshole. I'm well aware of the gap between the rich and the poor, the shrinking middle class etc. What you failed to say in your first post was that it was the greedy corrupt unions that are to blame, and that it was a LACK of unions that was causing the gap. If you'd made your first post coherent, you wouldn't have had to clarify.

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388772

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Decipher;388749 wrote:
Well fuck you very much, Mr. Condescending Asshole. I'm well aware of the gap between the rich and the poor, the shrinking middle class etc. What you failed to say in your first post was that it was the greedy corrupt unions that are to blame, and that it was a LACK of unions that was causing the gap. If you'd made your first post coherent, you wouldn't have had to clarify.
You're welcome.;)
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388781

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
indeed :D

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388788

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
So where did the whole idea for the individual mandate come from anyway? Oh yeah..Some of us knew this before, but it's nice to see it from the AP now.New health insurance requirement ... was GOP idea
In the early 1970s, President Richard Nixon favored a mandate that employers provide insurance. In the 1990s, the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, embraced an individual requirement. Not anymore."The idea of an individual mandate as an alternative to single-payer was a Republican idea," said health economist Mark Pauly of the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. In 1991, he published a paper that explained how a mandate could be combined with tax credits — two ideas that are now part of Obama's law. Pauly's paper was well-received — by the George H.W. Bush administration."It could have been the basis for a bipartisan compromise, but it wasn't," said Pauly. "Because the Democrats were in favor, the Republicans more or less had to be against it."Obama rejected a key part of Pauly's proposal: doing away with the tax-free status of employer-sponsored health care and replacing it with a standard tax credit for all Americans. Labor strongly opposes that approach because union members usually have better-than-average coverage and suddenly would have to pay taxes on it. But many economists believe it's a rational solution to America's health care dilemma since it would raise enough money to cover the uninsured and nudge people with coverage into cost-conscious plans.
Of course there was that last little twist to it, which makes more sense. But once it gets put on the table, both sides dig in and we end up with something stupid as usual.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388792

I don't see why they didn't just nationalize the healthcare industry. Would have been a lot less messy and far more effective.

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388793

Gene Starwind;388792 wrote:
I don't see why they didn't just nationalize the healthcare industry. Would have been a lot less messy and far more effective.
There would probably be a huge uproar, big enough to create an armed rebellion. haha
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji