Forum

TOPIC: the cost of health care reform

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388558

Oomba;388556 wrote:
How exactly did I contradict myself? The gap between the rich and the poor (meaning that the rich are very rich, while the poor are very poor, causing the amount of working people who fall within the middle class to dwindle until the middle class just doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure I can spell it more simply for you than that.) is the source of the problems. The gap exists because unions are all but extinct, and the ones that do are too greedy for their own good ( UAW). Without workers unions, corporations know they can pay employees as little as they want. You have nowhere else to go, and everyone else is dependent on that same job because with their pay being so shitty, they certainly can't afford to strike or negotiate either. And a one man strike is the kind that ends the quickest, Actually, I think I found a way to explain it nice and easy for you, however without any pictures or sing-a-longs, it may still be lost on you. Our socioeconomic status system works like two cliffs, the rich and the poor. They are connected by a rope bridge, called the middle class. Our image as a land of opportunity was founded in the fact that in any time, a man determined enough could cross the bridge at any time. The weaker that bridge gets, the less likely anyone is going to be able to cross it, until its frays and snaps completely. The unions were like construction workers, working tirelessly day and night to make that bridge stronger and to maintain it.
Really well written and easy to understand if you ever have to put it in plain terms.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388562

Now, I'm sorta leaning towards wanting that thing passed just to spite some tea-bagging haters
Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol, angry over the proposed health-care reform bill, shouted "nigger" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.
Protestors also used a slur as they confronted Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., an openly gay member of Congress. A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a "faggot.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388582

kekeke, pre-existing condition denial just got FUCKED in the ASS
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388587

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388589

• Dblueguy
  • Level 6
Nut_Man;388587 wrote: Sore losers...
[gamercard]Dblueguy[/gamercard]

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388592

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
All the people that voted for Scott Brown probably feel stupid now..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388593

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Dblueguy;388589 wrote:
Sore losers...
As usual.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388594

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;388587 wrote: *looks at the comments* Who the fuck are these fuckers?
Signature

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388596

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
11% say Congress is doing a good jobFall elections will be interesting

the cost of health care reform 9 years 10 months ago #388601

It'll ass fucked when the Senate goes to reconcile the two bills.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin