Forum

TOPIC: Points, post count, comments etc.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389417

  • JoEDigiTECH
  • JoEDigiTECH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6517
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 12
DeadMan;389416 wrote:
The little red "!" sign on the bottom left of posts is the "Report Post" button.
Some of us use that "!" in tandem with lambasting the bastards that post stupid shit. We are a proactive bunch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389418

  • pkjr92
  • pkjr92's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 5
  • Posts: 233
  • Karma: 10
DeadMan;389416 wrote:
The little red "!" sign on the bottom left of posts is the "Report Post" button.
Ah, I was looking while signed out. Might it be easier to use a system that relies on the number of users who've clicked it, not everyone has the time to fill out a box, just let admins know something's up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389432

  • True
  • True's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7502
  • Thank you received: 8
  • Karma: 952
JoEDigiTECH;389417 wrote:
Some of us use that "!" in tandem with lambasting the bastards that post stupid shit. We are a proactive bunch.
Haha JoE, it's the truth though.pkjr92, I know what you are talking about...hmmm, did we ever have anything like that here before? I may be thinking about another site I visited that did something like that.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389434

  • pkjr92
  • pkjr92's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 5
  • Posts: 233
  • Karma: 10
Did AllGames ever have community mods? I remembe Scot talking about when he was at G4, but wouldn't that make things easier? Or is it a matter of notenough activity right now?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 3 months ago #389511

  • Rook
  • Rook's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 6
  • Posts: 330
  • Karma: 10
Honestly, I would just like to see a shitload of people logged into this forum. I listen to the podcasts and shows, always have. I know for a long time the ghost of G4 has permeated this place, as well as the idea of "squatters". But you know what, I just want to argue with a guy about the latest DLC from Bungie or whatever. Something besides Building 11, for the love of god please. I'm a big boy, I can fend for myself. If a guy like Blank makes a thread about his mustache or whatever he conjures up, let me decide if I want to post it or not. It doesn't make the forums a better place by banning anyone without reason, let alone anything frivolous as a misguided sense of forum etiquette. Nah man it makes them boring.Give me a forum where I can freely and openly discuss my opinion. Give me a forum where the Host tells me I'm being a dumbass, and here's why. Stop holding my hand you fucking nancy. Boo-hoo, people joined G4, oh noes they joined All Games too this place might get some actual DISCUSSION. Cry about it Scot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 3 months ago #389516

  • Decipher
  • Decipher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2290
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 10
I do miss the crazies.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 3 months ago #389524

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Rook;389511 wrote:
Honestly, I would just like to see a shitload of people logged into this forum. I listen to the podcasts and shows, always have. I know for a long time the ghost of G4 has permeated this place, as well as the idea of "squatters". But you know what, I just want to argue with a guy about the latest DLC from Bungie or whatever. Something besides Building 11, for the love of god please. I'm a big boy, I can fend for myself. If a guy like Blank makes a thread about his mustache or whatever he conjures up, let me decide if I want to post it or not. It doesn't make the forums a better place by banning anyone without reason, let alone anything frivolous as a misguided sense of forum etiquette. Nah man it makes them boring.Give me a forum where I can freely and openly discuss my opinion. Give me a forum where the Host tells me I'm being a dumbass, and here's why. Stop holding my hand you fucking nancy. Boo-hoo, people joined G4, oh noes they joined All Games too this place might get some actual DISCUSSION. Cry about it Scot.
I think scots a little too busy with all the shit he's doing (new radio show, app a day, new forum improvements, etc....) to cry about your post. Oh and I think you meant to say "Building 7."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 3 months ago #389551

LowVoltag3;389524 wrote:
I think scots a little too busy with all the shit he's doing (new radio show, app a day, new forum improvements, etc....) to cry about your post. Oh and I think you meant to say "Building 7."
Rook has MORE than a valid point about the state of the forums. Stop blindly defending Scot's every move.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 3 months ago #389554

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Violence in HD;389551 wrote:
Rook has MORE than a valid point about the state of the forums. Stop blindly defending Scot's every move.
I don't get rooks point. Blank disrespected the owner of the site, and he got banned. That was the reason. It had nothing to do with Blanks "mustache posts". I'll defend scot till death!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 3 months ago #389676

  • Rook
  • Rook's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 6
  • Posts: 330
  • Karma: 10
LowVoltag3;389554 wrote:
I don't get rooks point. Blank disrespected the owner of the site, and he got banned. That was the reason. It had nothing to do with Blanks "mustache posts". I'll defend scot till death!
Then let me clarify my point. First of all, I like Scot, the podcasts, and this forum and everyone that posts on it. There are however things I DON'T like.I DON'T like Scot censoring people. Blanks posts are just an example. Scot seems to be under the assumption that squatters or whatever are driving people away, and keeping them from posting. This was, and never has been, the case. Never. Maybe I'm the only one, but I like visiting forums for the conversations happening, even if they are silly. Frankly, I'm a bit weary of coming here once a month and seeing a Happy Birthday Swine Flu thread. And yeah, Scot has done his part in making this the way it is. He chose sides, and took it a step further by banning people who disagreed with him. I can go to X forums and see a 4 page discussion about FF13, or I can come here and see 4 posts. Which case scenario do you think I prefer.I like the idea of what he introduced in this thread. But based on numbers, it's easy to come up with a leader-board right off the bat.
Blank disrespected the owner of the site, and he got banned
Jesus, who cares. I can post on Alex Afrasiabi's site about how the quests in WoW suck and tell Curt Schilling his sinker is shit. Neither will get me banned.
"Building 7."
Yeah, it's called gravity and fire. Argue about financial reform already, or something.Bottom line is that I would like to see these forums thrive. Also, unban Curtis. He was the glue that kept us all together. :smt022
The administrator has disabled public write access.