Forum

TOPIC: Points, post count, comments etc.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388292

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
As much as it pains me to do it I think I agree with barack that having fewer categories is better. Platform sub forums shouldn't really exist. I don't think having post counts and points is going to be a huge issue. If someone is just posting a bunch of bullshit to increase their post count, it will be pretty easy to tell and they will lose their credibility pretty quickly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388293

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I could see the subforums being tweaked. For example, as much as I love sports, the sports sub forums aren't really needed. We usually create new threads based on which ever season we are following at a given time anyway.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388294

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, Id have to agree that the sports forums would be stronger if they were all rolled into one, movies,tv, and cartoons rolled into one, and the LSR forum rolled into the Bar again. Also...Deals and Buy/Sell combined I believe would make those two much more efficient. And comics, Art, books, mags rolled into a "Print Media" section would strengthen those and help streamline the forums.Another thing I've seen work really well in forums is a separate "Introduce Yourself!" sub, where newcomers can make a thread to introduce themselves, say what they are interested in discussing here, and we can all offer them a kind hello. Goes a long way towards making the newbies feel welcome right away, and ease away some of the OGs xenophobia.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388297

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
BuckFarack187;388291 wrote:
I always did have a suggestion that I thought would improve the forums. What if we cut out all the Sub Sections and just leave the forum with like 5 areas.... Gaming and techAll Games FeaturesSports Media The BarI always thought that this will make the forums a bit more interesting and appealing to new people visitors. The more sub sections there are, to me, the more confusing and kind of boring the forum is.
eets ah gud sujjeshtun. ;)

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388298

If you can break the forum down to 4 or less categories that'd be cool. There's def too many sub forums.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388299

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I agree there are too many categories right now, but as a user base increases more categories are necessary to keep the place organized. As it is The Bar can have over a page of newly posted threads if a person doesn't check regularly. The more people join, the more categories fill up like that.

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 5 months ago #388308

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes down. And um.......WOOHOOO for the new show!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389330

Wow a new show from Mr Rubin at long last, can't wait!
Wii Code: 7582-1250-9302-3446 Mario Kart Wii: 3437-3369-6161 PSN Name: GunstarSilver Steam ID: GunstarSilver

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389415

• pkjr92
  • Level 5
Honestly Scot, it's just nice to know you're coming back regularly.Also, to combat spam/first/trolling posts, how about a Spam button? Not anything that will take their post offline immediately or anything, but something that the community can use to let admins and/or ops know about potentially useless material. That way, the forum wouldn't get overcrowded, just happily buzzing. Just a thought

Points, post count, comments etc. 9 years 4 months ago #389416

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
The little red "!" sign on the bottom left of posts is the "Report Post" button.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake