Forum

TOPIC: 4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390112

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
It sickening to hear a dog in pain but we have no context of the situation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390113

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't really care about the dog (okay I do, mildly). That could have been the kid. Then it would be a serious outrage.And the context of the situation is they sent a militarized SWAT unit in the middle of the night after a guy who had ZERO record of violence and only a pithy amount of marjiuana of all things. He wasn't a drug kingpin. This is just completely unwarranted and blatantly retarded behavior by law enforcement.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390114

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;390113 wrote:
That could have been the kid. Then it would be a serious outrage.
Not really. Considering babies don't jump out and bite.Burr;390113 wrote:
And the context of the situation is they sent a militarized SWAT unit in the middle of the night after a guy who had ZERO record of violence and only a pithy amount of marjiuana of all things. He wasn't a drug kingpin. This is just completely unwarranted and blatantly retarded behavior by law enforcement.
How else would you want them to solve it?He may have not been a kingpin, but we was involved with drugs. When dealing with drug related cases you have to assume the person is armed.Police don't know if the man was armed or if more people were in the house (who may have been armed). SWAT is a quick way to arrest someone without putting many people in danger.Here's an example without the SWAT. Police have an arrest warrant for a drug dealer. Standard police knock on the drug dealer's door. The drug dealer walks to his room, grabs a gun, goes to the door, and open fires. Both policemen are dead or seriously wounded. More police arrive to arrest the drug dealer, the drug dealer fires again. Now you have a shoot out. The next few shots from the drug dealer hit the house across the street and injure the residence.Here's an example with the SWAT. Police have an arrest warrant for a drug dealer. SWAT knock on the drug dealer's door and within seconds bust in, catching the drug dealer off guard. The drug dealer doesn't have time to run for a weapon and is immediately taken down.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390115

Token White Guy;390114 wrote:
Not really. Considering babies don't jump out and bite.How else would you want them to solve it?He may have not been a kingpin, but we was involved with drugs. When dealing with drug related cases you have to assume the person is armed.Police don't know if the man was armed or if more people were in the house (who may have been armed). SWAT is a quick way to arrest someone without putting many people in danger.Here's an example without the SWAT. Police have an arrest warrant for a drug dealer. Standard police knock on the drug dealer's door. The drug dealer walks to his room, grabs a gun, goes to the door, and open fires. Both policemen are dead or seriously wounded. More police arrive to arrest the drug dealer, the drug dealer fires again. Now you have a shoot out. The next few shots from the drug dealer hit the house across the street and injure the residence.Here's an example with the SWAT. Police have an arrest warrant for a drug dealer. SWAT knock on the drug dealer's door and within seconds bust in, catching the drug dealer off guard. The drug dealer doesn't have time to run for a weapon and is immediately taken down.
That's what extended surveillance and research are for- I almost feel like the SWAT raid was orchestrated on an ANONYMOUS TIP.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390116

• Dblueguy
  • Level 6
Token White Guy;390114 wrote:
Not really. Considering babies don't jump out and bite.
I think he means the bullet that ricocheted and hit their other dog, a corgi.
[gamercard]Dblueguy[/gamercard]

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390117

• shiroren8
Burr;387763 wrote: im not surprised and pg is one of our more wealthy counties so they can blow money like that and do things like that. im surprised they don't call swat out like that more in the city though or harford county, its crazy to read that though.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390152

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
More Militarized Than the Military
A couple of years ago after I'd given a speech on this issue, a retired military officer and former instructor at West Point specifically asked me to stop using the term "militarization," because he thought comparing SWAT teams to the military reflected poorly on the military.
Hah! Couple good stories in there about how our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are actually more careful and restrained than SWAT guys.Token your two examples are completely out of touch with the fact that again, this guy had no record of violence whatsoever and was only suspected of having some pot. Nobody's gonna go cop killing over that. Reacting to poorly substantiated tips in such a ridiculous manner has been an unmitigated disaster more often than not.Not to mention the disastrous consequences of going to the wrong house..Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390153

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;390152 wrote:
Token your two examples are completely out of touch with the fact that again, this guy had no record of violence whatsoever and was only suspected of having some pot. Nobody's gonna go cop killing over that.
My examples are based on facts. When dealing with drugs, guns will likely follow. Preparing for the unknown saves lives.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390160

Token White Guy;390153 wrote:
My examples are based on facts. When dealing with drugs, guns will likely follow. Preparing for the unknown saves lives.
I mean, you're right, but like I said earlier- it all could've been avoided with the proper surveillance.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390187

• Dblueguy
  • Level 6
[gamercard]Dblueguy[/gamercard]