Forum

TOPIC: 4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 5 months ago #387763

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Maryland's SWAT transparency bill produces its first disturbing results
Over the last six months of 2009, SWAT teams were deployed 804 times in the state of Maryland, or about 4.5 times per day. In Prince George's County alone, with its 850,000 residents, a SWAT team was deployed about once per day. According to a Baltimore Sun analysis, 94 percent of the state's SWAT deployments were used to serve search or arrest warrants, leaving just 6 percent in response to the kinds of barricades, bank robberies, hostage takings, and emergency situations for which SWAT teams were originally intended.Worse even than those dreary numbers is the fact that more than half of the county’s SWAT deployments were for misdemeanors and nonserious felonies. That means more than 100 times last year Prince George’s County brought state-sanctioned violence to confront people suspected of nonviolent crimes. And that's just one county in Maryland. These outrageous numbers should provide a long-overdue wake-up call to public officials about how far the pendulum has swung toward institutionalized police brutality against its citizenry, usually in the name of the drug war.
WTF is wrong with these people?
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 5 months ago #387769

Burr;387763 wrote:
WTF is wrong with these people?
Simple answer, we're giving them too much money.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 5 months ago #387788

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
It's Maryland, trust me I used to live there. They all suck.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 5 months ago #387800

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Gene Starwind;387769 wrote:
Simple answer, we're giving them too much money.
*accidentally looks at your sig*....hahahahahaha...
Signature

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 5 months ago #387838

BBboy20;387800 wrote:
*accidentally looks at your sig*....hahahahahaha...
The first time I saw that img I had a feeling it was very descriptive on how his Presidency would be.Turns out I was right.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390059

• Burr
A Drug Raid Goes Viral[youtube]RbwSwvUaRqc[/youtube]
It's heartening that nearly a million people have now seen the Columbia video. But it needs some context. The officers in that video aren't rogue cops. They're no different than other SWAT teams across the country. The raid itself is no different from the tens of thousands of drug raids carried out each year in the U.S. If the video is going to effect any change, the Internet anger directed at the Columbia Police Department needs to be redirected to America's drug policy in general. Calling for the heads of the Columbia SWAT team isn't going to stop these raids. Calling for the heads of the politicians who defend these tactics and promote a "war on drugs" that's become all too literal—that just might.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390060

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
was that guy innocent?edit: never mind it looks like the guy had a few grams of weed a grinder and a pipe... what a criminal.. sheesh :mad:
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390062

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
I don't know...you really can't see what the dog was actually doing. But I'm reminded of the Dave Chappel skit anyways.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390064

I'd love to personally gut each of those SWAT officers with their families watching.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

4.5 SWAT Raids Per Day 9 years 3 months ago #390110

• Burr
Columbia Police Department still dealing with backlash about SWAT raid
In Monday's press conference, Burton said feedback to the department seemed to be coming from three discrete groups, some of whom he believed were reacting to bad information."The biggest group seems to be the marijuana legalization advocates," Burton said, who he urged to lobby policymakers if they wanted a change in the law.The next group were animal rights advocates. Burton lamented the death of the Whitworth's pit bull, but had a do-what-you-gotta-do outlook on the SWAT team's handling of dogs, calling human safety the "primary" concern.And the last group?"The last group is the people that hate us anyway, for whatever reason," Burton said. "And I don't put any stock into what they say. There are cop haters out there, and that's just something we'll have to live with."While the incident has prompted decision-making changes in handling of drug raids — such as Burton's Thursday announcement that raids would now be served within eight hours after police obtain a warrant — the department's policies on the tactical treatment of dogs and suspects remain unchanged.So has Burton learned anything from the incident?"I hate the Internet," he deadpanned.
:rolleyes:Fuck you.