Forum

TOPIC: Anti-vaccine advocates take a kick to the nads

Anti-vaccine advocates take a kick to the nads 9 years 9 months ago #386915

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Antivaxxer movement leader found to have acted unethically
The GMC (the independent body of medical regulators in the UK, rather like the AMA in the US) didn’t investigate whether his claims were correct or not — and let’s be very clear, his claims have been shown beyond any doubt to be totally wrong — only whether he acted ethically in his research. What they found is that his research (involving spinal taps of children) was against the children’s clinical interest, that Wakefield was unqualified to perform the test, and that he had no ethical approval to do them. Wow. Again, let’s be clear: that’s a whole lot of ethical damnation from the UK’s leading medical board. Not to pile on here, but I was rather surprised that they didn’t mention the claims — supported by a lot of evidence — that on top of all that unethical behavior, he may have faked his results, too. There’s also no mention of his grave conflict of interest– at the time he published his paper slamming vaccines and which started the antivax craze, he was developing an alternative to vaccinations, so he had a very large monetary incentive to make the public distrust vaccines.
Also..The Lancet is fully and formally retracting the 1998 study that sparked the autism/vaccine scare.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anti-vaccine advocates take a kick to the nads 9 years 9 months ago #386943

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
Proof that all it takes is some fancy science words to get you people to believe in something. Now, what are we going to do about Global Warming!?
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Anti-vaccine advocates take a kick to the nads 9 years 9 months ago #386963

buckfush reality distortion field itt

Anti-vaccine advocates take a kick to the nads 9 years 9 months ago #386971

• LowVoltag3
Burr;386915 wrote: I just felt my nuts and they are fine and well.EvilWall;386943 wrote:
Proof that all it takes is some fancy science words to get you people to believe in something. Now, what are we going to do about Global Warming!?
What's funny is that the dude who wrote that also writes about how people are crazy if they deny Global Warming... So that says a lot about the dude.quashpdarkman;386963 wrote:
buckfush reality distortion field itt
I don't believe all vaccines are bad and I don't believe that all vaccines are good. I do know that Scientists who have an incredible amount of say today, wrote back in the 70's about how they would fuck us up with vaccines.. That's all I can say. I've had all my vaccines when I was a kid and I'm doing fine, (As far as I can tell)... So, I really don't know what's true and whats not when it comes to vaccines. I'll take the chance right now to say that, if I ever said that "All vaccines are bad", then i was wrong. I don't believe that. What I know, is that I don't really know about vaccines. And it's very had to believe anyone because there are "experts" from all sides who say many different things.

Anti-vaccine advocates take a kick to the nads 9 years 9 months ago #386981

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
personally, I stick to the vaccines that have basically been proven to be safe.