Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: The one company that didnt take a bailout...

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386678

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386680

AIG would be a good long play right about now.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386693

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
I've never liked Fords styling of their cars but they have stepped up their game (the new Taurus and Edge look kinda sweet! And I'm looking at the hybrid Fusion as a possible new vehicle). I'm happy for them, I live near the Ford plant here just outside of Chicago and it was just announced that they are supposed to be building the new Explorer (I believe) and bringing back a nice amount of jobs that were lost and some folks from Michigan that lost jobs will be getting work there.I have much respect for Ford.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386695

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
I've always preferred Fords, so I'm happy that the company is doing this on its own merits. I wish all of the companies we bailed out would've taken note, and even paid us back.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386699

• True
  • Stage A - 1
The 2012 Focus has the looks to be a hit.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386706

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
True;386699 wrote:
The 2012 Focus has the looks to be a hit.
That's pretty decent. A friend of mine had one about 5 years ago, and it gave her some problems. You have to build a GOOD car you can take pride in. For most people, it's the first or second biggest purchase in their lives, so no one wants a lemon.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386724

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Right after they refused the bailout and were the only ones out of the big three who didn't file for bankruptcy. The stock was at around 97 cents per share. I sunk a considerable amount of money into that particular stock. It is currently around $11-12 per share. Its only going up people! Not only can you support our oldest automaker but you can make some good money doing it! Fortunes are made in recessions like these. I was pretty glad to be in a good place when the DOW when down the tubes, as I didnt have any stock at that time. Now its all Ford. :0
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386776

• True
  • Stage A - 1
C0lin;386706 wrote:
That's pretty decent. A friend of mine had one about 5 years ago, and it gave her some problems. You have to build a GOOD car you can take pride in. For most people, it's the first or second biggest purchase in their lives, so no one wants a lemon.
Yeah, I bought my first car 3 years ago last month and it was my first "grownup" purchase.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386777

ford has always been the most responsible us automaker.i really think that they're going to be the only one left in 15 years.

The one company that didnt take a bailout... 9 years 10 months ago #386793

I own a '96 Ford Ranger and that thing is reliable. Only one significant mechanical issue a few years ago, but other than that solid and reliable. When I get a new vehicle this year or next, more than likely, it'll be a Ford and I still intend on keeping the Ranger.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin
  • Page: