Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Weapons of the Crusader

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386251

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes
One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
"It allows the Mujahedeen, the Taliban, al Qaeda and the insurrectionists and jihadists to claim they're being shot by Jesus rifles," he said.Weinstein, an attorney and former Air Force officer, said many members of his group who currently serve in the military have complained about the markings on the sights. He also claims they've told him that commanders have referred to weapons with the sights as "spiritually transformed firearm of Jesus Christ." He said coded biblical inscriptions play into the hands of "those who are calling this a Crusade." According to a government contracting watchdog group, fedspending.org, Trijicon had more than $100 million in government contracts in fiscal year 2008. The Michigan company won a $33 million Pentagon contract in July, 2009 for a new machine gun optic, according to Defense Industry Daily. The company's earnings from the U.S. military jumped significantly after 2005, when it won a $660 million long-term contract to supply the Marine Corps with sights. "This is probably the best example of violation of the separation of church and state in this country," said Weinstein. "It's literally pushing fundamentalist Christianity at the point of a gun against the people that we're fighting. We're emboldening an enemy."
Absolutely disgusting.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386253

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Doesn't sound like it's too widespread yet, so hopefully they can fix this relatively quickly.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386256

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Those sights look like shit. They'll be changed out soon.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386257

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
Well, technically, Muslims believe in Jesus too. Just not in the same way.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386258

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
Those responsible should go to jail. You don't fuck around with a military contract like this.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386259

• LowVoltag3
I can't say I really blame them. If I was a christian and I was being told by the media, my government, etc.. that "muslim extremists" want to come "kill us all". I'd probably use my religion as a defense mechanism too.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386278

I don't know of a single GI, at least in the MP Corps, that used ANY of the standard equipment issued to us. We all bought our own. With that said, any contracts with this company should be immediately terminated and I would even suggest considering some kind of legal action against the company. This kind of stupid shit is putting people's lives (even more) at risk.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386279

I don't see the big deal, It's a code not the verse. People would still bitch if it was Austin 3:16 on the sight.
[gamercard]FinalRodzilla[/gamercard]

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386281

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
I agree with everyone here, we should just kill them all with regular non-Jesus guns.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Weapons of the Crusader 9 years 8 months ago #386379

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
And it's a done deal..Firm will remove Bible references from gun sights
WASHINGTON – A Michigan defense contractor will voluntarily stop stamping references to Bible verses on combat rifle sights made for the U.S. military, a major buyer of the company's gear.In a statement released Thursday, Trijicon of Wixom, Mich., says it is also providing to the armed forces free of charge modification kits to remove the Scripture citations from the telescoping sights already in use. Through multimillion dollar contracts, the Marine Corps and Army have more than 300,000 Trijicon sights.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

• Page: