Forum

TOPIC: shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386535

  • Reffy
  • Reffy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2905
  • Karma: 1148
Gene Starwind;386530 wrote:
Wow, you whiffed on that. Again, it's not genocide as it was indiscriminate and to a threat.What I'm saying is that a lot can happen during wartime. You can't possibly blame all the military due to isolated incidents - what I assume you're calling 'genocide'. The fact you're calling our military shock troops to genocide is hilarious more than anything imo.
Correct.Also ""And hitler was just eliminating the enemy threat too"..... I mean you can keep playing that game if you want but you're just doing that. You're playing a political game of words." does not make any sense in the context of my argument. You said you did not say something, when you clearly did.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386536

  • Decipher
  • Decipher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2290
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 10
Reffy;386482 wrote:
Then you are wrong, and do not know what genocide is.
I just did a little more research and yeah, Al-Qaeda isn't exactly an Islamic sect. Yes it's religion-based, but it's not it's own sect. The war on them isn't technically genocide. My understanding of Al-Qaeda was incorrect, not my understanding of genocide.You'll have to forgive me for not wanting to search the net for "Al-Qaeda" info in this day and age. People have likely been dragged away in the middle of the night for less.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386537

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Reffy;386535 wrote:
Correct.Also ""And hitler was just eliminating the enemy threat too"..... I mean you can keep playing that game if you want but you're just doing that. You're playing a political game of words." does not make any sense in the context of my argument. You said you did not say something, when you clearly did.
I've said what I've always said. What we did in Iraq equates to genocide, just like what we did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What if Osama Bin Tooth-fairy said, "we didn't mean to kill civilians, we were just planning on demolishing the towers..." Would that argument make any sense? Would you accept that argument? My whole point is that we went in on false terms. Which is why it can equate to genocide. If we went in with legit reasons, then you can have your argument, and your argument can make sense. But we didn't go in with legit reasons so your argument doe not make sense.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386539

  • Reffy
  • Reffy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2905
  • Karma: 1148
BuckFarack187;386537 wrote:
I've said what I've always said. What we did in Iraq equates to genocide, just like what we did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What if Osama Bin Tooth-fairy said, "we didn't mean to kill civilians, we were just planning on demolishing the towers..." Would that argument make any sense? Would you accept that argument? My whole point is that we went in on false terms. Which is why it can equate to genocide. If we went in with legit reasons, then you can have your argument, and your argument can make sense. But we didn't go in with legit reasons so your argument doe not make sense.
Nope. Sorry. Still wrong. It does not "equate" to genocide. Nothing equates to genocide except for genocide. It has an extremely specific definition.However, what Saddam did to his own people was considered to be genocide by many, including a dutch court. Maybe that will help you understand what genocide is.Good for you Decipher.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386550

BuckFarack187;386537 wrote:
I've said what I've always said. What we did in Iraq equates to genocide, just like what we did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. What if Osama Bin Tooth-fairy said, "we didn't mean to kill civilians, we were just planning on demolishing the towers..." Would that argument make any sense? Would you accept that argument? My whole point is that we went in on false terms. Which is why it can equate to genocide. If we went in with legit reasons, then you can have your argument, and your argument can make sense. But we didn't go in with legit reasons so your argument doe not make sense.
Sorry; war crimes != genocideYou can't compare it at all to us using nukes in wwii, that's asinine. We rolled up on saddam and rocked him, now we're trying to fill that government and trying to keep fraud out which is basically impossible. There were too many civi casualties in taking Iraq but way less in the long run than under Saddam. Plus oil resources and bases next to Iran is good.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386560

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Reffy;386539 wrote:
Nope. Sorry. Still wrong. It does not "equate" to genocide. Nothing equates to genocide except for genocide. It has an extremely specific definition.However, what Saddam did to his own people was considered to be genocide by many, including a dutch court. Maybe that will help you understand what genocide is.Good for you Decipher.
Still a matter of opinion. Like I said, if you ask the german nazis why they were doing what they were doing, they would have said, "fighting the enemy".Gene Starwind;386550 wrote:
Sorry; war crimes != genocideYou can't compare it at all to us using nukes in wwii, that's asinine. We rolled up on saddam and rocked him, now we're trying to fill that government and trying to keep fraud out which is basically impossible. There were too many civi casualties in taking Iraq but way less in the long run than under Saddam. Plus oil resources and bases next to Iran is good.
Yes, Iran. Another "WMD" country.... I mean, why are we looking for the next country to bomb? Why is the US's future so bleak? Why aren't we looking forward to better things? What are we doing as a country? We have no right to invade other countries like this man. If you believe in the US, and the US constitution, there is no way you can support these wars.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386569

  • Reffy
  • Reffy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2905
  • Karma: 1148
BuckFarack187;386560 wrote:
Still a matter of opinion. Like I said, if you ask the german nazis why they were doing what they were doing, they would have said, "fighting the enemy". Yes, Iran. Another "WMD" country.... I mean, why are we looking for the next country to bomb? Why is the US's future so bleak? Why aren't we looking forward to better things? What are we doing as a country? We have no right to invade other countries like this man. If you believe in the US, and the US constitution, there is no way you can support these wars.
That's a fucking disgraceful statement. The Nazi's "Aktion Reinhard" shows a clear and intentional plan to wipe out all Jews on the planet. They conclude that once all the jews are killed in the extermination camps they will have to go into ireland and England to eliminate the rest in Europe....You shame yourself in this continued attempt to compare our actions in the middle east to the Holocaust.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386570

BuckFarack187;386560 wrote:
Still a matter of opinion. Like I said, if you ask the german nazis why they were doing what they were doing, they would have said, "fighting the enemy".Yes, Iran. Another "WMD" country.... I mean, why are we looking for the next country to bomb? Why is the US's future so bleak? Why aren't we looking forward to better things? What are we doing as a country? We have no right to invade other countries like this man. If you believe in the US, and the US constitution, there is no way you can support these wars.
I definitely don't support the war we're currently in. We're stuck in it because of the infrastructure good ol' GWB put in place for their resources. I'm not looking at it like we're going to war with Iran or other countries as a definite, but it can happen, and the US military plans for it. They have too much money to spend to not prepare for these kind of things. We're just protecting our interests at this point in Iraq so why not. It's not like anything is progressing in Afghanistan anyway.You're really off base in this genocide argument. Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group. What we're doing in Iraq does not define that, it's called an invasion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386575

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Reffy;386569 wrote:
That's a fucking disgraceful statement. The Nazi's "Aktion Reinhard" shows a clear and intentional plan to wipe out all Jews on the planet. They conclude that once all the jews are killed in the extermination camps they will have to go into ireland and England to eliminate the rest in Europe....You shame yourself in this continued attempt to compare our actions in the middle east to the Holocaust.
No.... I don't think I do. I think the majority of the world would agree with me. The wars actually brought out some of the largest protests of all time, on a world scale. And we've seen pictures of abu ghraib. So we know a lot of that shit went down. I think you just fail to see past the official rhetoric of the war and see the war through the eyes of the Iraqi people.Gene Starwind;386570 wrote:
I definitely don't support the war we're currently in. We're stuck in it because of the infrastructure good ol' GWB put in place for their resources. I'm not looking at it like we're going to war with Iran or other countries as a definite, but it can happen, and the US military plans for it. They have too much money to spend to not prepare for these kind of things. We're just protecting our interests at this point in Iraq so why not. It's not like anything is progressing in Afghanistan anyway.You're really off base in this genocide argument. Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group. What we're doing in Iraq does not define that, it's called an invasion.
According to that definition, the iraq war fits perfectly. It's the systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of a national group. The Iraqi people who don't agree with the invasion are being systematically destroyed, in whole or in part.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386582

1.) Abu Gharib, while disgusting when looked at through the prism of who was doing the acts (namely, a US Army National Guard unit), was only slightly worse than the typical college hazing. That's an unfortunate fact, but still a fact. The fact that it was a military force doing these acts to prison inmates does make the situation worse and is unbecoming of a member of the United States military. But to sit there and compare that to the gassing, starvation, torture and attempted extermination of an entire sect of the global population is downright evil in its thinking. 2.) Those in Iraq who oppose the United States occupation of the country are NOT being exterminated. Those who take up arms against the United States military who are in Iraq are -- as well they should. That's war. Deal with it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.