Forum

TOPIC: shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386505

BuckFarack187;386499 wrote:
Well I think it matters what eyes your looking through too. To the Iraqi people who lost their children, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, etc... Do you think explaining to them what the word "genocide" actually means, matters? You see, you're looking at it as if you are one of those baseless politicians, who will join what ever party just to play the political game. Your not really looking at it like a human being with feelings would do... You know what I mean?
ffs wtf are you even talking about you're bad at spinning a topic
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386520

  • Reffy
  • Reffy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2905
  • Karma: 1148
BuckFarack187;386499 wrote:
Well I think it matters what eyes your looking through too. To the Iraqi people who lost their children, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, etc... Do you think explaining to them what the word "genocide" actually means, matters? You see, you're looking at it as if you are one of those baseless politicians, who will join what ever party just to play the political game. Your not really looking at it like a human being with feelings would do... You know what I mean?
This is just silly. Stop. I never said that I did not have empathy for those suffering as a result of US actions. Simply, what we are doing is not genocide. That is a very significant distinction. What we have here is proof positive that you are unable to admit you are wrong. You know you were wrong. That's okay. I'm wrong all the time. The difference is that when I'm wrong I find strength in being able to admit it and learn from it. In this case you've only further demolished any credibility you might of had.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386522

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Reffy;386520 wrote:
This is just silly. Stop. I never said that I did not have empathy for those suffering as a result of US actions. Simply, what we are doing is not genocide. That is a very significant distinction. What we have here is proof positive that you are unable to admit you are wrong. You know you were wrong. That's okay. I'm wrong all the time. The difference is that when I'm wrong I find strength in being able to admit it and learn from it. In this case you've only further demolished any credibility you might of had.
I'm not saying, have empathy for those that suffered. I'm saying that, through their eyes, what happened in WWII equates to what happened to them.That's all i've been saying. And I'm 100% correct on this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386523

BuckFarack187;386522 wrote:
I'm not saying, have empathy for those that suffered. I'm saying that, through their eyes, what happened in WWII equates to what happened to them.That's all i've been saying. And I'm 100% correct on this.
We're not lining them up to be shot or gassed. I think we got one up on the Axis as we don't do the whole ethnic cleansing thing (READ: GENOCIDE)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386524

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Gene Starwind;386523 wrote:
We're not lining them up to be shot or gassed. I think we got one up on the Axis as we don't do the whole ethnic cleansing thing (READ: GENOCIDE)
Abu Ghraib?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386525

  • Reffy
  • Reffy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2905
  • Karma: 1148
BuckFarack187;386522 wrote:
I'm not saying, have empathy for those that suffered. I'm saying that, through their eyes, what happened in WWII equates to what happened to them.That's all i've been saying. And I'm 100% correct on this.
You did not say that. You did say "So Killing millions of people doesn't equal genocide. wow, you learn something new everyday...."Also, if they think that, then they are also wrong. But keep digging.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386526

BuckFarack187;386524 wrote:
Abu Ghraib?
Hey there was this one time where we dropped a bomb on Japanese city called Hiroshima, you hear about that time?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386529

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Reffy;386525 wrote:
You did not say that. You did say "So Killing millions of people doesn't equal genocide. wow, you learn something new everyday...."Also, if they think that, then they are also wrong. But keep digging.
"And hitler was just eliminating the enemy threat too"..... I mean you can keep playing that game if you want but you're just doing that. You're playing a political game of words.Gene Starwind;386526 wrote:
Hey there was this one time where we dropped a bomb on Japanese city called Hiroshima, you hear about that time?
Plus Nagasaki. So was Hiroshima and Nagasaki Genocide, Reffy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386530

BuckFarack187;386529 wrote:
"And hitler was just eliminating the enemy threat too"..... I mean you can keep playing that game if you want but you're just doing that. You're playing a political game of words.Plus Nagasaki. So was Hiroshima and Nagasaki Genocide, Reffy?
Wow, you whiffed on that. Again, it's not genocide as it was indiscriminate and to a threat.What I'm saying is that a lot can happen during wartime. You can't possibly blame all the military due to isolated incidents - what I assume you're calling 'genocide'. The fact you're calling our military shock troops to genocide is hilarious more than anything imo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

shut up you guys. hitler and stalin were actually really cool 9 years 7 months ago #386533

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Gene Starwind;386530 wrote:
Wow, you whiffed on that. Again, it's not genocide as it was indiscriminate and to a threat.What I'm saying is that a lot can happen during wartime. You can't possibly blame all the military due to isolated incidents - what I assume you're calling 'genocide'. The fact you're calling our military shock troops to genocide is hilarious more than anything imo.
I don't blame ALL the military. I blame first and foremost, the very top of the chain. The group responsible for making the war happen. You can't blame the people who were sent there because they were told things that felt like they could have been true at the time and they were put in situations that would lead to bad things happening. Even if I, myself were sent to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan even today, it's very possible that I can accidentally kill civilians. What If I'm sent off on a mission and some guy shoots at me from a house and I fire back and hit a civilian next door... shit happens, of course. But there are also a lot of deranged fucks out there, both military and non military who do even crazier shit than what the nazi's did. Abu Ghraib scratches the surface of that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.