Forum

TOPIC: The 'Israelification' of Airports?

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385702

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;385699 wrote:
how much radiation to these crazy full body scanners put off?
Minimal........besides a third arm will be very helpful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385704

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
They actually don't fully know how dangerous those terahertz scanners are. At high enough energies they can unzip DNA which is a bad thing, but you don't normally get exposed to much in one.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385705

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I bet it's more lethal than we think. They're only just now coming to grips with the fact that tanning beds cause skin cancer.

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385707

• LowVoltag3
Token White Guy;385700 wrote:
Next time a militant muslim blows themselves up in an airplane with your family in it you'll only have yourselves to blame. But lets not scan and profile people who are willing to kill themselves for a non-existent god, that's just against their rights.
I agree 100%, that's why... chip in brain is by far the best option here. Because think about it, when these militant muslims are in their caves, apartments, etc... building bombs to stuff in their underwear, our NSA, DHS, FBI, etc.. will be feed that information right away. The chip will be able to recognize suspicious activity like that. Think of all the lives it'll save. So come on guys.... Let's do this. We have to unite as a country to push our government to implant chips in our bodies... I'll even be the first to say, "it doesn't have to be in my brain..."I mean, we have all the technology available... What are we waiting for? IBM, which we all know has a great history of helping humanity excel with future technologies, is already working on some similar technologies.... Check out this cool commercial about E-Business, it's so awesome.[youtube]QTx19MDE5XA[/youtube]See? the government robots will take care of us..... No need to worry, just take the chip....

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385715

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
The scanners put out 10,000 times less radiation than an average cell phone does in the same time period. Considering they take less than 2 seconds to scan you, that's a very, very low amount of radiation.

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385722

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Scan away...And yes, our intelligence agencies need to COMMUNICATE!!!!
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385727

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Ah, sarcasm, one of BuckFush's many defense mechanisms when he can't argue with logic.

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385728

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
BuckFarack187;385707 wrote:
blah, blah, blah.
Ah, sarcasm, one of BuckFush's many defense mechanisms when he can't argue with logic.

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385735

As a frequent airline traveler i would gladly show up an extra 30mins earlier for additional security...The problem is that it will take years and years for the US to replicate what the Israeli's do.We're beating a dead horse saying our agency's need to work together. Even after a series of events our government is too incompetent to share information with each-other. No question intelligence dropped the ball on this failed attack but the problem also lies within the airports themselves... One big issue i have with the security is the level of competence within the airports (the individuals themselves)... Recently a guy accidentally walked past security at Newark Airports Continental terminal... Instead of containing the area and the individual they pulled EVERYONE out of the terminal and rescanned each and every person (including the ones that already passed security and were waiting for their plane to leave)... This caused all the flights to be canceled that day in the terminal and backed up air traffic for days... I've flown out of that terminal many times and i can see how the guy messed up (there's no clear distinction as to where the waiting area is but he's still a moron for doing it)... But what doesn't explain is the actions that the staff took to control the situation... The level of incompetence is scary in some of these places... When you have people that aren't very well trained and don't give a shit working the terminals, your going to have this type of problem... These people are our last line of defense against someone blowing up a plane or taking hostages and they are more concerned when their next break is... I've encountered this not just in that Newark terminal but in terminals and airports across the country... I agree no question that our airports are safer than they were 10 years ago but the system sucks now and it needs to be re-evaluated...
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom Queen"- Sean Connery*The Official Token OLR and USL Hebrew*

The 'Israelification' of Airports? 9 years 11 months ago #385736

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
To be fair, the likely reason they rescanned everyone is because that guy could have conceivably handed the bomb or whatever to someone else who already passed security.Still, they should have just stopped the guy from bypassing them to begin with. It shouldn't have gotten to the point where that was the only option.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!