Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Anyone jailbreaked yet?

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385566

• pkjr92
  • Level 5
EDIT: Jailbroken. *sighI'm writing this under the assumption that jailbreaking-talk is allowed here, as it is not illegal per-say, it just "could" lead to downloading illegal apps. Plus, it voids the warranty (not that you couldn't just restore..)Anyway, I got an iPod Touch for Christmas (64Gb) and I decided to see what all the news was about in regards to jailbreaking. I found out that the only tool for OS 3.1.2 is blackra1n (blackra1n.com). So I download it, let it do it's thing, and voila! I now have access to hundreds if not thousands of homebrew apps and games. So my question is, how many of the people who have jailbroken here, just use the homebrew apps and not the <cough>cracked</cough> apps? It's very tempting to just dl that $4.99 app for free...Also, if you are interested in jailbreaking with blackra1n, and don't know how to plug your iPod into a computer and push a button (seriously, that's how easy it is), I have a very brief tutorial article of sorts on my website http://wirelessishard.com/diy/jailbreak312/. I would appreciate any feedback, as well as hits to my site (and adsense:cool:).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385567

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
You should probably stick to pirate forums if you want to discuss this kind of stuff. Is there any legitimate reason to do something like this?

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385570

• pkjr92
  • Level 5
JoEDigiTECH;385567 wrote:
You should probably stick to pirate forums if you want to discuss this kind of stuff. Is there any legitimate reason to do something like this?
Yes, there are all sorts of custom/homebrew applications, as well as adding additional functionality to the device such as running multiple apps at once (and being able to switch between them) and emulators (which only are illegal if you don't own the original game for the ROM you downloaded). It also allows you to distribute apps that you make without having to go through the lengthy and picky App Store review.

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385571

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
pkjr92;385570 wrote:
Yes, there are all sorts of custom/homebrew applications, as well as adding additional functionality to the device such as running multiple apps at once (and being able to switch between them) and emulators (which only are illegal if you don't own the original game for the ROM you downloaded). It also allows you to distribute apps that you make without having to go through the lengthy and picky App Store review.
...and all of that breaks the terms of use.

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385575

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;385571 wrote:
...and all of that breaks the terms of use.
But not the law.

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385584

• pkjr92
  • Level 5
C0lin;385575 wrote:
But not the law.
Exactly. Plus, once you restore from a jailbreak, I don't think Apple can tell, so I guess your warranty would be "unvoided"

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385585

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Jailbreaking iPhones has been discussed on the forums many times before without issue (I think even Blackwolf mentioned it once). As long as you don't talk about pirating games, it's fine..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385591

I wouldn't jailbreak one. Now there's a pretty good proof-of-concept worm out there going after jailbreak phones. MIght be patched by now, but doesn't bode well for the future
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385593

• LowVoltag3
Burr;385585 wrote:
Jailbreaking iPhones has been discussed on the forums many times before without issue (I think even Blackwolf mentioned it once). As long as you don't talk about pirating games, it's fine..
How about if you talk about πrating games......:badgrin:

Anyone jailbreaked yet? 9 years 11 months ago #385594

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
AcquiredTarget;385591 wrote:
I wouldn't jailbreak one. Now there's a pretty good proof-of-concept worm out there going after jailbreak phones. MIght be patched by now, but doesn't bode well for the future
That affected people dumb enough to install an sshd server on it without changing the default password.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

• Page: