Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Say Thanks to a Soldier

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385206

• Duraly
  • Level 10
Done....
[psnid]Duraly[/psnid]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385207

Lord Moon;385191 wrote:
Yes it an all volunteer military, but showing a little compassion at Christmas wouldn't hurt you know would it?I could understand if I posted this in the middle of summer, but at the Holiday season, come on man.
You've melted my cold heart.I sent this because it's topical to my post :]
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385210

DoneGrowing as a Army brat, I remember all to well how it sucked not to have a parent home during the holidays.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385386

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Nut_Man;385197 wrote:
Man guys I don't know what his problem is. I was just saying how it was great no one here is a stupid dumbshit asshole who would say something like "MAN I DONT SOLDIER WORSHIP F U GUYS" in a thread about soldiers being away from their families for the holidays. Thank goodness no one would be super goddamned retarded like that.Sorry you got the wrong idea Violence in HD!
Don't waste your breath. He's spazzed out and ignored you, completely misunderstanding what you meant.

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385435

I know pointing this out is kind of ironic in light of what I'm about to say, but notice how JoE and I are avoiding this entire discussion like the plague... :D

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385543

• Firecube
  • Level 10
Violence in HD;385189 wrote:
Once again, shut up, you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about. It's funny that you're trying to categorize me into that stereotype. Nut_Man: FUCK YOU. I'm actually just gonna use the ignore feature that this forum has, that I haven't even used on BUCKFUSH.Edit:Anyway, got that done. It really does work, by the way, all his posts are hidden and it's awesome.Most of my family is in the military. I know exactly what the lower ranks are like, for the most part. Some of the most ignorant people I've ever met in my life, in my experience. I'd like to know that if I were to send anything out, it'd be given to a soldier who, I dunno, saved an Afghani/Iraqi family from harm or even a fucking cat, I don't know.Well yeah, of course one that supports soldiers is ideal. But not our culture of soldier-worship, as I said before, if you put on a uniform- you're a hero instantly.It really does suck that there are soldiers away from their families and country at this time of year. However, they volunteered, so I can't bring myself to cry about it before I go to sleep. They knew what would happen.
Dude, who pissed in your Corn Flakes?It's a shame that there are people with the outlook that you have on this subject, but, one would be naive to think that there aren't. There always has to be a yin to every yang.
Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
Firecube\'s space....
  • Page: