Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Say Thanks to a Soldier

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385177

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
As veteran who spent a Christmas deployed overseas I'll be the first to say any support from home was always a welcome sight. No matter how small.If you can send something personally, great, it will be warmly received. If life or cost have you run ragged this year there is still an option.The "Let's Say Thanks" programIt's free and easy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385178

I'd like to think it reaches a soldier who has actually done well for the world (read: not most). Go ahead and flame me, I enjoy our soldier-worship culture. If you put on a uniform, you're a hero.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385182

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I wonder what it's like having built up emotions with your totally rebellious attitude(Fuck the system, man!) that are so fierce you have to act like a dick at the most inappropriate times.That must really suck. Thankfully no one in this community is like that! Thanks for the link, Lord Moon. Everyone here seems intelligent enough to understand what this is and not act like a stupid fucking retard. I know everyone here must understand that a lot of folks are stuck overseas in Kosovo, Korea, Japan, Germany, or Afghanistan when they would much rather be home with their families at Christmas, but they need to put bread on the table for those families so they do what they gotta do.

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385185

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I really don't hold much against the actual troops. If it were up to them they wouldn't be in a lot of places where they are now. They don't call the shots, and really the fact that they still go and do the job and follow orders as best as they can earns respect from me all the same. It's not the best of circumstances, but they're trying and many really do give a shit. So no it's not worship for me as just putting on the uniform doesn't make you virtuous (and there's a lot of asshats who once they get back become a disgrace to it), but a fact that I can admit there's no way I could do what they do voluntarily.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385188

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Violence in HD;385178 wrote:
I'd like to think it reaches a soldier who has actually done well for the world (read: not most). Go ahead and flame me, I enjoy our soldier-worship culture. If you put on a uniform, you're a hero.
You know while I can't speak for every soldier, I can say that most are not what you seem to think they are. And I much rather have a culture that supports soldiers than the one we use to have that spit on and though every soldier was a baby-killer.Lastly, I'm not making you write a card or even making you go to that site, nor do I preach about soldier support ad nauseam. Hell I think this really the only time of the year I really push any support of the troops. So color me confused as to why you decided to bring up the hate.

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385189

Nut_Man;385182 wrote:
I wonder what it's like having built up emotions with your totally rebellious attitude(Fuck the system, man!) that are so fierce you have to act like a dick at the most inappropriate times.
Once again, shut up, you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about. It's funny that you're trying to categorize me into that stereotype. Nut_Man: FUCK YOU. I'm actually just gonna use the ignore feature that this forum has, that I haven't even used on BUCKFUSH.Edit:Anyway, got that done. It really does work, by the way, all his posts are hidden and it's awesome.
You know while I can't speak for every soldier, I can say that most are not what you seem to think they are.
Most of my family is in the military. I know exactly what the lower ranks are like, for the most part. Some of the most ignorant people I've ever met in my life, in my experience. I'd like to know that if I were to send anything out, it'd be given to a soldier who, I dunno, saved an Afghani/Iraqi family from harm or even a fucking cat, I don't know.
And I much rather have a culture that supports soldiers than the one we use to have that spit on and though every soldier was a baby-killer.
Well yeah, of course one that supports soldiers is ideal. But not our culture of soldier-worship, as I said before, if you put on a uniform- you're a hero instantly.
Lastly, I'm not making you write a card or even making you go to that site, nor do I preach about soldier support ad nauseam. Hell I think this really the only time of the year I really push any support of the troops.
It really does suck that there are soldiers away from their families and country at this time of year. However, they volunteered, so I can't bring myself to cry about it before I go to sleep. They knew what would happen.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385190

• LowVoltag3
I say, thanx to all good people. Children in Iraq, afghanistan, palestine, china, Korea, the USA, w./e where ever, Who ever they are....

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385191

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Violence in HD;385189 wrote:
It really does suck that there are soldiers away from their families and country at this time of year. However, they volunteered, so I can't bring myself to cry about it before I go to sleep. They knew what would happen.
Yes it an all volunteer military, but showing a little compassion at Christmas wouldn't hurt you know would it?I could understand if I posted this in the middle of summer, but at the Holiday season, come on man.

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385197

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Man guys I don't know what his problem is. I was just saying how it was great no one here is a stupid dumbshit asshole who would say something like "MAN I DONT SOLDIER WORSHIP F U GUYS" in a thread about soldiers being away from their families for the holidays. Thank goodness no one would be super goddamned retarded like that.Sorry you got the wrong idea Violence in HD!

Say Thanks to a Soldier 9 years 11 months ago #385203

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
I sent a card a week or two ago, I also did it last year, I have family in different branches of the armed forces and I'd hate to think of how I'd feel not to be able to be home at this time.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
  • Page: