Forum

TOPIC: I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat....

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385186

• LowVoltag3
Gene Starwind;385183 wrote:
With a comparison like that its even more obvious. They're nothing alike, I doubt he ever heard your song homie. :( Untrained ears only hear effects, with both of these having fade on the synth'd instruments and slow progression so I guess it sounds kind of similar? His beat is like jungle drum and bass while yours is just a regular 4-4 r&b beat. It's why MTV only plays crap, because its all the same to them unless it's a new sound. On top of that, both of these progressions of notes and chords have been played millions of times by millions of people at one point or another. I don't think anyone can steal music, but rather interpret the music differently in their style. But that's not the case here, they're completely unrelated pieces.
You are correct, in that the new video I did, does have different notes. I was showing mainly the way he used the strings. But his main melody is half of my song. I'm going to do that first comparison video again. His first 1-4 bars are the EXACT SAME notes (just different scale and faster) as my 4-8 bars.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385187

• LowVoltag3
Here, Same exact notes...[youtube]VBQiyGaBuSs[/youtube]Look, if you think it's a coincidence, that's fine. I'm just getting opinions.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385196

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
This same kind of discussion has being going on between two who slightly sound similar by former Destiny's Child Members Kelly Rowland and Letoya Luckett. Listen to the music, not lyrics. Kelly's song came out first - GhettoRead the comments. Damnit, they disabled embedding.Letoya's song - Regret[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/ODByqNLTlNQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/ODByqNLTlNQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]They are slightly different but sound alike enough to me.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385220

• Rook
  • Level 6
BuckFarack187;385162 wrote:
This may sound weird. And it wasn't "Gucci Mane" himself, but one f his producers. His name is "Polow the Don". Tell me what you think.Side by side Comparison (NEWER VERSION) IT GETS WORSE[youtube]ru2C4yzPDMU[/youtube]
My precioussssssssssYou've stoled it froms ussssssssssssss[youtube]_QahzbgUVwk[/youtube]

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385237

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
Its probably conspiracy orchestrated by the bilderberg group. You are a sad sad man.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385245

• LowVoltag3
Reffy;385237 wrote:
Its probably conspiracy orchestrated by the bilderberg group. You are a sad sad man.
What's pretty sad is that people like Polow da don get 6 figures for beats..... That's really fucking sad, tbh.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385387

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I've heard those note progressions a thousand times before. Nothing can claim to be original anymore. If the guy had used the exact same rhythm, timing, and instruments you'd have a case.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385393

• Phobos
  • Level 3
I can understand this being very frustrating for you, but I hardly think 4 notes matching up is justification for theft of a melody.Many things are really copies of others.
Just your friendly neighborhood Phobos!

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385404

• LowVoltag3
Look i think it's most likely a coincidence, especially after hearing Moby's Porcelin. It has a very similar style to mine as far as how he uses the violin, so anything is really possible.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385414

• Rook
  • Level 6
BuckFarack187;385404 wrote:
Look i think it's most likely a coincidence, especially after hearing Moby's Porcelin. It has a very similar style to mine as far as how he uses the violin, so anything is really possible.
When I first heard and read the thread, I thought of string pieces in everything from Moby to Metallica. Not super knowledgeable about strings, but from what Ive heard they seem to be more limited in their range, so 'sound-alikes' seem to be more common.If all else fails, just go with the John Lennon rule of copyrighting.