Forum

TOPIC: I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat....

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385162

• LowVoltag3
This may sound weird. And it wasn't "Gucci Mane" himself, but one f his producers. His name is "Polow the Don". Tell me what you think.Gucci manes new single, "Spotlight"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoMhuR4BnIgVSMy Still ballin remixhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHKdWOL1q8kListen to the strings and tell me what you think. I made the song about a year and a half ago, and put it on youtube a year ago. Plus, this "polow the don" guy has stolen music from garage band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVHvnpoVTGYSide by side Comparison (NEWER VERSION) IT GETS WORSE[youtube]ru2C4yzPDMU[/youtube]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385163

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
I've got to say no. The instrumentation is totally different, the notes are in different keys, and more to the point you don't have a case anyway since yours is a remix of a song YOU didn't make either.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385164

• LowVoltag3
-Beck-;385163 wrote:
I've got to say no. The instrumentation is totally different, the notes are in different keys, and more to the point you don't have a case anyway since yours is a remix of a song YOU didn't make either.
I understand it's in different keys and a different instrument, but its the same exact melody. And I did make the song. I just put my beat over an acapella. And I know there is no way I can sue, but that remix I made has a lot of view on the internet. I dont know, I'm just taking opinions to see what people think.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385165

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
You know what!? I does kind of sound similar but Polo changed up the keys a bit.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385166

Life is a conspiracy.Sorry, these two peices are nothing alike. Everything is different, not up to but including: instruments, notes, rhythm, and key.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385170

• LowVoltag3
EDIT***** OMFG it gets worse. I just listened to the whole song and near the end he adds strings like mine, and look how it sounds then!!!This is a newer version that I just uploaded 5 minutes ago..[youtube]ru2C4yzPDMU[/youtube]

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385175

• LowVoltag3
[youtube]ru2C4yzPDMU[/youtube]

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385179

They're different notes, dude. A sad instrumental progression in minor (i believe?) doesn't mean he stole it.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385181

• LowVoltag3
Violence in HD;385179 wrote:
They're different notes, dude. A sad instrumental progression in minor (i believe?) doesn't mean he stole it.
Listen to the beginning of his song dude. I should have kept the first video comparison I made. It's the same exact notes, in bars 4-8 of my beat! Same EXACT notes. (Just different scale and speed up about 20 bpm's)The only reason I made a new video is to show how he implemented the strings at the end of the song. The way he even had them with a slow Attack and a rising velocity is the SAME way I did it.

I think "Gucci Mane" stole my beat.... 9 years 11 months ago #385183

With a comparison like that its even more obvious. They're nothing alike, I doubt he ever heard your song homie. :( Untrained ears only hear effects, with both of these having fade on the synth'd instruments and slow progression so I guess it sounds kind of similar? His beat is like jungle drum and bass while yours is just a regular 4-4 r&b beat. It's why MTV only plays crap, because its all the same to them unless it's a new sound. On top of that, both of these progressions of notes and chords have been played millions of times by millions of people at one point or another. I don't think anyone can steal music, but rather interpret the music differently in their style. But that's not the case here, they're completely unrelated pieces.