Forum

TOPIC: TV in theaters

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384644

• LowVoltag3
Thats really not a bad idea. It can definitely work with certain tv show premiers and things of that nature.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384646

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
I'd go for 24. Some shows, like The Office, Curb, and 30 Rock, I like to view in the comfort of my own home with some friends.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384648

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
They already do it for some sporting events and concerts.. No idea if that's even that profitable for the theaters though, as I never hear anything about the attendance.I think it would have to be a sufficiently big event in the series, like a special 2 hour long episode or otherwise movie length feature. Nobody's gonna go to the theater to watch a half hour show or even a string of them put together..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384651

• LowVoltag3
now what would really be sick is GAMING IN THEATERS!!! That would be fucking sick.

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384724

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
They've had Halo tourneys at my theatre I think. Also sporting events and Church every sunday on the big screen.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384763

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
And as some time fillers, they could throw in some popular webshow shorts (ex: The Guild). Sort of how they used to show cartoons and news reels in the old days before and between matinees.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #384937

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
WorstIdeaEverHyperbole aside, there's no way this would work for very long. The novelty factor may draw a crowd initially but the downsides will take over VERY fast. For example:1) The big screen and surround sound are no longer a draw with the affordability of home theatre systems.2) Why go all the way to a theatre to watch 22 to 44 min shows? Short of a marathon of episodes, TV shows are too short to make a trip out to watch.3) At $2-5 a ticket, the companies that make the show would likely make less money than from advertising.And the worst problem for last:4) The talkers, phone answerers, and texters have ruined the theatre experience.

Cinedigm's technology? 9 years 11 months ago #385494

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Looks like theaters are kind of thinking about this idea
"We're obsolete? No way!"Hard to believe, but movie theaters have been holding their own, despite intense competition from cable, the Internet and other media. After a 2005 slump, box office revenue increased over the past few years, and it's likely 2009 will have set a new record. But that growth is due largely to inflation; the number of tickets bought has stayed close to 1.4 billion since 2005, while the average ticket price has climbed from $6.41 to $7.46.Looking for new ways to make money, theaters are exploring options like more in-house advertising and expanded concessions. But the biggest potential lies in digital technology and the flexibility it affords programming. For starters, events like live opera or college bowl games can draw 75 percent capacity on slow days, when theaters are usually "lucky to fill 10 percent of their seats," says Richard Herring, consultant for Davidson Theaters in Virginia. The trend is still young: Just a quarter of the more than 375 theaters using digital-projection company Cinedigm's technology, for example, are set up to show live events, but that number is growing quickly. Eventually, says Herring, as much as half a theater's revenue could come from this type of special programming.
Source" Yahoo Finance
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #385495

True;385494 wrote:
Looks like theaters are kind of thinking about this ideaSource" Yahoo Finance
See, Kevin1gamer wasn't a spambot. He was a visionary, a pioneer ahead of his time. He was ready for the world, but the world wasn't ready for him.On second thought, no, he was definitely a spambot.
[URL=
]
[/URL]PSN ID: AegisOfReach

TV in theaters 9 years 11 months ago #385497

• LowVoltag3
OutlawTorn;385495 wrote:
See, Kevin1gamer wasn't a spambot. He was a visionary, a pioneer ahead of his time. He was ready for the world, but the world wasn't ready for him.On second thought, no, he was definitely a spambot.
From some reason, that line sounded so fucking EPIC when I was reading it.... It was as if there was an orchestra playing an epic piece behind my computer monitor......