Forum

TOPIC: Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384567

Promo video. Ventrilo harassment with a twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnQxEhnsBc
So MAGFest is going into its eighth year, and the next one is coming up January 1-4, just outside Washington DC at the hilton mark center in Alexandria, Virginia. There's also going to be a new years eve party for people who pre-register.If you guys haven't heard of MAGFest, the name is short for Music And Gaming Festival, and it's basically a four day long woodstock of video game music. There's three nights of live video game cover bands, 24 hour console/arcade/LAN/tabletop gaming the whole time, plus an open mic jamspace with provided instruments that everyone's welcome to play. It's a pretty laid back "anti-convention" atmosphere that is thankfully free of people with cat ears trying to glomp you, while being chock full of cool people to drink, play games, and rock out with.Here are the guests announced so far, with much more to come.Bands:-The OneUps-Metroid Metal-Arm Cannon-Select Start-The Megas-Entertainment System-Rare Candy-This Place Is Haunted-Temp Sound Solutions-Armadillo Tank-A_Rival-The Smash BrothersGuests:-Sid Meier - creator of basically every game ever made.-There Will Be Brawl creators Matt Mercer and Zach Grafton-Voice actor Jon St. John, known best for having balls of steel as duke nukem-YuGiOh - The Abridged Series creator Martin "LittleKuriboh" BillanyThe challenge corner details have also been announced. The way it works is that if you can complete the tasks in nes/snes/gen games, you get prizes and shit. Start practicing!http://courtwright.org/m8challenges/You can pre-register, plus get a $99/night hotel room through the website: http://magfest.org/Anyone down for a new years meetup? I know this may seem like a spam post since i just started here, but I go to this thing every year and I think it's a god damn blast.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384574

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
VA!Extra words for some reasons I don't even remember.
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384580

• Phobos
  • Level 3
I can only imagine the smell.
Just your friendly neighborhood Phobos!

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384585

A few people who write for BG are going to that. I would, but I really don't feel like hopping a flight to Philly to be around my ex girlfriend for four days amirite?

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384604

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
MaximusPaynicus;384585 wrote:
A few people who write for BG are going to that. I would, but I really don't feel like hopping a flight to Philly to be around my ex girlfriend for four days amirite?
What does this have to do with Philly?
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384625

GH33DA;384604 wrote:
What does this have to do with Philly?
...right, I needed to explain that -- I don't fly into DC. Next to Denver, Dulles is the worst airport I've ever been through. Plus, again, the ex is going to Magfest so... fuck that noise. :P

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384725

MaximusPaynicus;384625 wrote:
...right, I needed to explain that -- I don't fly into DC. Next to Denver, Dulles is the worst airport I've ever been through. Plus, again, the ex is going to Magfest so... fuck that noise. :P
Actually you have 2 options aside from dulles that are closer than philly! Reagan national (DCA) may or may not cost more, but is right next to the hotel and has a free shuttle. If you fly into BWI, there is public transportation that can get you to the hotel in 2 hours for less than 10 dollars.

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384737

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Reagan National is really stupid if you have a connection and need to switch flights. If you're "lucky" you'll have to go through security AGAIN to get to the connecting gate! -_-Off topic, but I had to get that off my chest.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010 9 years 10 months ago #384757

So, big news regarding the new years eve party! The original people who we had to share the hotel with on new years eve (the ones who we shared it with last year when they had a james bond themed party) have BAILED. In their honor, we are taking over the entire god damn hotel and throwing our own bond party. GOLDENEYE 64 STYLE.