Forum

TOPIC: school

school 9 years 10 months ago #384427

I'm at school and I wrote a very long paper. However, the teacher returned it to me the day I turned it in, claiming I should make "corrections". I feel as though she only said that because she doesn't understand. I used the word "populace" instead of "population" and she marked it as a spelling error. I also used grammar in such a manner that is correct and technical, but she didn't understand and put it as wrong. Should I try and discuss this with the teacher, or should I make changes that are against how I wanted it just to try and get a good grade? Also, some of the "corrections" the teacher wanted me to make are incorrect.Note: "(w:subprime mortgage)" is the source reference.Note 2: Cursive bracketed words were selected/circled/scratched out by teacher in red ink and bracketed words are the teacher's notes on the word in cursive brackets.Here is one example of many.Me: "Then in 2006 the housing market shot up and people with adjustable rate mortgages (80% of the American populace) were unable to pay their mortgages (w:subprime mortgage)."Teacher's Note: "{Then} [incinuates that something comes next. But 2006 is before 2007.] in 2006 the housing market shot up and people with adjustable rate mortgages {(} ["and", remove parenthesis] 80% of the American popula{ce}[tion]{)} [remove parenthesis] were unable to pay their mortgages (w:subprime mortgage crisis).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

school 9 years 10 months ago #384433

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Pretty sure you needs some commas and shit.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

school 9 years 10 months ago #384448

I don't see anything wrong with the corrections. Except that the subprime mortgage crisis started in 2008 not 06. The mortgages were avail in 06, but it wasn't much of a crisis until the bubble popped since everyone was ballin'.Octocamo;384433 wrote:
Pretty sure you needs some commas and shit.
LOL

school 9 years 10 months ago #384449

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the corrections either.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

school 9 years 9 months ago #384935

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
The teacher's right, especially if you're saying "Then yada yada" after talking about something that occurred after what you're about to say.

school 9 years 9 months ago #384942

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
At least they nipped the problem in the butt early.

school 9 years 9 months ago #384944

• LowVoltag3
Zidy;384936 wrote: to be fair, he is asking for advice. so I don't blame him for posting it in multiple forums. But I do blame him for other things. But at the same time, he is new...

school 9 years 9 months ago #384956

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Zidy;384936 wrote: LoL, I guess he's trying to find friends all over the net, or annoy everyone on the net.
I have banned this user. They are a spammer - for proof, look here:http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/349740.pagehttp://www.last.fm/forum/5/_/586994The same crazy stuff he was posting in his other locked thread...
Haha.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo