Forum

TOPIC: woah

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384280

They're people you jackass, treat them like such. If you did something in the minority, would you want to be persecuted because of it? No? Well too bad, you get hounded by faggots like yourself.Burr, plz don't take offense, but this guy is a faggot. I don't mean it like that either. :\Hard to explain my language here, watch the recent south park with the bikers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384283

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I saw that South Park and loved it.. :DThough technically they used fags not faggot..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384285

You're right, same dif tho.The fact this kid hasn't even met a homosexual person in his liftime (prolly has and didn't realize) and verbally persecuting them in a irrepressible manner is completely ignorant. But that's just imo.Hey I found a video of him[youtube]H-l42-U9ZKw[/youtube]

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384288

• Phobos
  • Level 3
I really don't pay mind to people like you, which also makes it so I'm not really offended or affected by what you say or do.Then again, I'm also not gay. But Burr seems to believe there's no reconciliation for your opinion on homosexual marriage. If that's the case, it just seems more difficult for homosexuals to achieve equal rights. It shouldn't be met with hostility, this young fella has an opinion that's offensive to you, but it's just as offensive as say, you're sexual preference to him. So really, the only way to settle this is through a discussion of differences where both of you aren't name-calling one another, is it not?At least, that's how it has always worked for my gay friends, black friends, and so forth.
Just your friendly neighborhood Phobos!

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384292

• Burr
My sexual orientation doesn't take away rights and freedoms from him. That's a huge difference.I'm tired of this phony equivalence between institutionalized discrimination and violation of others with someone's subjective discomfort with reality.What makes things difficult for us is people continue to foolishly pretend there's any sort of justification at all for their bigotry. My job isn't to make people feel good about their hate.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384293

• Phobos
  • Level 3
But do you expect hostility will help your cause? I understand it isn't an even difference, but has name-calling ever worked?

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384296

• Burr
Calling someone a bigot isn't name calling. It's using the accurate description for what it is.
big·ot (bĭg'ət) n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384298

• Phobos
  • Level 3
So you're perfectly fine with being associated to the same term? Intolerant with those who oppose same sex marriage?You know, this might not be my argument lol. I'm stepping out. :P

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384303

• Burr
Yeah sure, much like those of us opposed to Sharia Law being instituted here are simply bigoted towards Muslims. It's not because we're concerned with human rights or anything like that. Or those of us who support locking up murderers are just bigots against criminals. We shouldn't be so intolerant. :rolleyes:I'm not campaigning to ban straight marriage (or even to ban religion, or any criticism of homosexuality), because unlike folks across the aisle I'm tolerant of their "lifestyle." That's what makes me not a bigot. :pThe differences are pretty obvious.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384305

• Phobos
  • Level 3
Well that's why gay men like me I suppose.Because I don't mind them. In fact, I've let one or two touch my booty.