Forum

TOPIC: woah

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384215

About a month ago my best friend and I got into a bit of a fight (not a fist fight, but rather an argument). We kind of said some things we didn't mean and went our separate ways.|I apologized after the incident (not immediately after, but I think I waited like a day or two, because she was still very upset), for I realized how much I screwed up almost immediately after the argument, but she said she hated me.She then removed me as a friend on Facebook, wouldn't return my phone calls, removed me as a friend on Xbox Live, removed me as a friend on MySpace, blocked me on Facebook, and got two of our mutual friends to think less of me (which is understandable, since they were there and I was totally out of line).Just today, a month (give or take a few days) later, she just sent me a friend request on Xbox Live. I just received (and accepted) the friend request about 15 minutes ago, in the middle of playing Resident Evil 5. I don't think she added any text or voice with the request, if so, i didn't see it, because I forgot that you could add those with friend requests (and because my partner needed my help in Resident Evil 5, since we were
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
).She has yet to send me a message (assuming she didn't in the friend request), nor have I contact her. We were arguing over whether or not gay marriage should be legal, she said it should (she has a gay uncle or something, but I didn't know her uncle was gay at the time), and I said it shouldn't be legal. I never really met a gay person (other than that one kid in 2nd hour, but I never talked to him before, primarily because he scares me, because he is gay and he acts [and talks] all gay).She said I was too closed minded, I even went so far as to saying that gays aren't people, they are things, but then she told me about her uncle, and that's when things got really bad. I was like "fine, I'll be the mature one" and left. That was the end (apart from my apology later on). So, do you think this is a good sign or not (she could have just added me to harass me or something)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384218

  • Burr
  • Burr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 10751
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1995
I think she was right to leave you.I'm not a thing you bigot, and my relationships mean as much as anyone else's.You're definitely not the mature one in this.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384220

Burr;384218 wrote:
I think she was right to leave you.I'm not a thing you bigot, and my relationships mean as much as anyone else's.You're definitely not the mature one in this.
It was primarily just a misunderstanding (I didn't know she had a gay uncle, I never met her extended family).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384227

  • Burr
  • Burr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 10751
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1995
Are you only sorry just because it backfired due to her having a gay uncle, or are you truly sorry for dehumanizing gay people and devaluing their relationships altogether?Big difference between the two, and I hope you've really thought this through, because even if she's adding you back it won't last long if you haven't really learned anything.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384229

  • Duraly
  • Duraly's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 10
  • Posts: 697
  • Karma: 10
For not knowing any "gays", how can you pass judgment? Now, I'm not telling you go out and try being gay or anything. What I'm saying is try and be neutral to a situation you know nothing about. Just because she happens to have a gay uncle means nothing. Some, folks just want to let people be people no matter who or what they are or stand for. Future advise- Watch what you say to people, not everyone thinks the same as you.
[psnid]Duraly[/psnid]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384247

kevin1gamer;384215 wrote:
About a month ago my best friend and I got into a bit of a fight (not a fist fight, but rather an argument). We kind of said some things we didn't mean and went our separate ways.|I apologized after the incident (not immediately after, but I think I waited like a day or two, because she was still very upset), for I realized how much I screwed up almost immediately after the argument, but she said she hated me.She then removed me as a friend on Facebook, wouldn't return my phone calls, removed me as a friend on Xbox Live, removed me as a friend on MySpace, blocked me on Facebook, and got two of our mutual friends to think less of me (which is understandable, since they were there and I was totally out of line).Just today, a month (give or take a few days) later, she just sent me a friend request on Xbox Live. I just received (and accepted) the friend request about 15 minutes ago, in the middle of playing Resident Evil 5. I don't think she added any text or voice with the request, if so, i didn't see it, because I forgot that you could add those with friend requests (and because my partner needed my help in Resident Evil 5, since we were
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
).She has yet to send me a message (assuming she didn't in the friend request), nor have I contact her. We were arguing over whether or not gay marriage should be legal, she said it should (she has a gay uncle or something, but I didn't know her uncle was gay at the time), and I said it shouldn't be legal. I never really met a gay person (other than that one kid in 2nd hour, but I never talked to him before, primarily because he scares me, because he is gay and he acts [and talks] all gay).She said I was too closed minded, I even went so far as to saying that gays aren't people, they are things, but then she told me about her uncle, and that's when things got really bad. I was like "fine, I'll be the mature one" and left. That was the end (apart from my apology later on). So, do you think this is a good sign or not (she could have just added me to harass me or something)?
Faggot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384250

Burr;384227 wrote:
Are you only sorry just because it backfired due to her having a gay uncle, or are you truly sorry for dehumanizing gay people and devaluing their relationships altogether?Big difference between the two, and I hope you've really thought this through, because even if she's adding you back it won't last long if you haven't really learned anything.
I'm sorry I made her upset.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384254

Duraly;384229 wrote:
For not knowing any "gays", how can you pass judgment? Now, I'm not telling you go out and try being gay or anything. What I'm saying is try and be neutral to a situation you know nothing about. Just because she happens to have a gay uncle means nothing. Some, folks just want to let people be people no matter who or what they are or stand for. Future advise- Watch what you say to people, not everyone thinks the same as you.
Good advice, thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384257

Wow dude, nice 'but, their gay' ninja edit.Faggot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

woah 10 years 2 months ago #384272

Gene Starwind;384257 wrote:
nice ninja edit
Thanks, I think that's the nicest thing you ever said to me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.