Forum

TOPIC: Popeyes Biscuits

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384205

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Gene Starwind;384122 wrote:
You must realize they're currency in the hood.
I just bought a bootleg DVD the other day with two Popeyes biscuits. Real talk. :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384282

Mr. Young;384205 wrote:
I just bought a bootleg DVD the other day with two Popeyes biscuits. Real talk. :-)
Now that's what I'm talking about.If you had some gravy you def could have got at least 2 out of him.

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384291

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
The only biscuits that come close are Church's. I don't know how "nationwide" Church's Chicken is, but they had a location down near Ft. Hood. Between Popeye's and Church's I don't think I ever saw the inside of KFC in Texas.For those that don't know, Church's biscuits have honey baked in goodness. So basically if we wanted chicken we had to decide if we wanted butter or honey that night.

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384295

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I was surprised to see that Church's apparently has 1,000+ locations. Only one around here, and I've never been to it. How does it compare to Popeye's?

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384315

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
I have Church's here in Cali. Their spicy chicken is DEFINITELY spicier than Popeye's, but not very flavorful if that makes any sense.

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384320

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Nut_Man;384295 wrote:
I was surprised to see that Church's apparently has 1,000+ locations. Only one around here, and I've never been to it. How does it compare to Popeye's?
Chicago has a crap load of Churches Chicken restaurants, but less than the other big two. Churches is where you eat when you are really broke because you could get a meal very cheap there. Their chicken is the most greasy and less crunchy, but the biscuits are better than Popeyes to me. Popeyes has the most crunchy and spicy chicken, which I love. I grew up eating KFC the most though, but now we eat more Popeyes because they have good deals. Another good place her is a smaller franchise called Sharks who has lemon peppered chicken which is soon freaking good! The only give you normal white bread though and only wings I believe. Damn, typed all of this with my Wiimote.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384325

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
There is a Churches by me at home, I never realized it was that large of a chain. I do love their chicken but their biscuits not so much. There are some smaller chains near home like CluckU, which has awesome chicken.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384338

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Lord Moon;384291 wrote:
The only biscuits that come close are Church's. I don't know how "nationwide" Church's Chicken is, but they had a location down near Ft. Hood. Between Popeye's and Church's I don't think I ever saw the inside of KFC in Texas.For those that don't know, Church's biscuits have honey baked in goodness. So basically if we wanted chicken we had to decide if we wanted butter or honey that night.
Theres a church's two blocks from the popeyes here in North Akron. Good shit. Right across from the pawn shop and the temp agency
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384347

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
We have a Church's here. They used to bring chicken to school on fried chicken wednesday. I hate their breading.

Popeyes Biscuits 10 years 3 months ago #384369

• agn
  • Administrator
When I was 16 my car broke down near the Church's Fried Chicken place in Roxbury, Mass. It was a late Sunday night and I was wearing a white and blue suit having come from a wedding. Scary f'ing night.There is a popeye's near me now and I'll take the spicy chicken and rice over the kfc xtra crispy and mashed anytime. It's very greasy but tasty. I still can't figure out why they use the Popeye character to sell it, did popeye ever eat chicken in any of his cartoons?
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community