Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Republican Purity Test????

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383866

Anytime a political party requires you to 100% agree to almost all, if not all, party doctrinal points scares me. It's not hard to imagine a step to the right or to the left with someone saying if you are a "Real American" you believe what I believe. Oh by the way, got any brown shirts?"MaximusPaynicus;383826 wrote:
Fixed. The Republican party abandoned those of us who don't outright hate homosexuals a long time ago. In fact, the Republican party washed their hands with any rational thought ages ago, when they discovered that playing on people's social fears and painting war heroes as cowards worked to their short-term advantage.
qft
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383933

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I would actually encourage them to continue this. By shunning their members who don't fall in line, they're trimming their numbers and therefore their power. You can't win an election without votes.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383936

most modern day republicans don't support the party's original platform?does this mean the people who expanded the government more than any other administration are no longer labeled republicans?i'm all for this!(lol if only)

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383942

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Decipher;383933 wrote:
I would actually encourage them to continue this. By shunning their members who don't fall in line, they're trimming their numbers and therefore their power. You can't win an election without votes.
That's true.. but god damn we could use some sane opposition.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383953

Burr;383942 wrote:
That's true.. but god damn we could use some sane opposition.
Considering the only "viable" options are between psychopathic bigots and indecisive incompetents, I'd have to agree.Bring Back the Whigs!

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 9 months ago #384932

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Only in America a country can even the Whigs be right of centre. In Britain, the Whigs were Left and the Tories Right.
  • Page: