Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Republican Purity Test????

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383807

link
Conservative activists in the Republican Party are pushing a proposal to deny funding to GOP candidates who fail what is being called a purity test...
Oh Dear Lord
...a move that is being met with skepticism by some Republican commentators.
Thankfully there's some intelligence left
The conservative activists' proposal reflects the growing tension within the Republican Party over its future and whether to attempt expanding by welcoming more diverse viewpoints or stick to its conservative principles at the risk of being marginalized.
I don't know, something makes me glad that I've become a Independent
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383808

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
It's an interesting idea, and I'm not really against it to be honest. I don't know how well it work in the wild right now(it needs some fine tuning) but I'm all for weeding out people who only run with a party because of its name and not because their opinions/values match.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383810

• LowVoltag3
AcquiredTarget;383807 wrote:
Thankfully there's some intelligence leftThe conservative activists' proposal reflects the growing tension within the Republican Party over its future and whether to attempt expanding by welcoming more diverse viewpoints or stick to its conservative principles at the risk of being marginalized.
LOL, since when has the republican party EVER stuck to its "Conservative Principles"?Sorry dude, That's not intelligence.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383811

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Let's face it the only purity test Republicans care about is whether you're bigoted towards homosexuals. As long as you hate gays you can be for as much government spending and interference in people's lives as you want, as they've totally pissed away any of their limited government credentials in the past decade.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383814

Burr;383811 wrote:
Let's face it the only purity test Republicans care about is whether you're bigoted towards homosexuals. As long as you hate gays you can be for as much government spending and interference in people's lives as you want, as they've totally pissed away any of their limited government credentials in the past decade.
Completely true.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383815

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I actually know a few gay republicans.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383826

Nut_Man;383815 wrote:
I actually know a few gay conservatives.
Fixed. The Republican party abandoned those of us who don't outright hate homosexuals a long time ago. In fact, the Republican party washed their hands with any rational thought ages ago, when they discovered that playing on people's social fears and painting war heroes as cowards worked to their short-term advantage. Bring back the Whigs, I say.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383830

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Wow, really? They will try anything nowadays I guess. It could be a good thing for them.MaximusPaynicus;383826 wrote:
Fixed. The Republican party abandoned those of us who don't outright hate homosexuals a long time ago. In fact, the Republican party washed their hands with any rational thought ages ago, when they discovered that playing on people's social fears and painting war heroes as cowards worked to their short-term advantage. Bring back the Whigs, I say.
Pretty much true.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383846

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
They're not calling this what it really is, an attempt to establish a Republican brand of fundamentalism.

Republican Purity Test???? 9 years 10 months ago #383852

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Yeah there are Log Cabins, but they don't get anything done and are pretty much ignored. Valiant effort I guess, but I think more would get done to shift the GOP by costing them dearly in fundraising and votes than trying to work from within where they just take you for granted. Same goes for libertarians and the Republican Liberty Caucus.Heck gay Democrats are starting to learn to stick up for themselves and not just take their party for granted, too.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

• Page: