Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383349

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Just Wow. I've never given a tip for bad service but when out with my parents for dinner and we get less than great service, my folks still end up giving something.
Pope claimed that they had to wait nearly an hour for their order and that she had to get napkins and silverware for the table herself. “At this point I became very annoyed because I had already gone up to the bar myself to have my soda refilled because the waitress never came back,” Pope said. After the $73 bill came, the group paid for food, drinks, and tax but refused to pay the tip. After explaining the bad service to the bartender in charge, Pope claimed he took their money and called police. The couple was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police car. “I understand that, you know, we didn’t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn’t something that was required,” said Wagner.The owner admitted that the group waited unusually long for their food, but said the pub was extremely busy that night. He said managers offered to comp the food, a claim the couple denies ever happened.
SourceHaha, check out this restaurant review for them (mainly the images section lol).[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/4yjdm61iTu4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/4yjdm61iTu4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383350

Its pretty pathetic when you have to pay a "restaurant" to take care of yourself. Depending on how bad it actually was, I most likely would have done something similar. I don't blame these people at all if the service was as bad as they say it was.See, this is why I typically deal in cash at a restaurant. You get shitty service, you pay for the food and whatnot plus the penny tip. Then, you just go. Simple as that. You pay any other way and you get stuck in these kinds of situations.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383369

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I've had very little problems with bad service. More often than not most people have no choice but to reciprocate my politeness. Also, I usually tell the wait person whether I'm in a rush or not. Furthermore, if I can tell that the wait person just has too many tables I give them the benefit of the doubt for slow service. But, if I see some waiter hanging out at the bar, bullshitting with his pals or flirting with the bartender too long while he should be bringing my frosty mug of brew PDQ... no tip for you.Listen to me servers out there, if you are serving my table you better be hustling because I'm watching you. I tip for effort.

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383380

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
I tip anywhere from 20-50%, but only if the service was good. If the service was bad, they get nothing.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383385

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
What the heck is the point of a tip if it's mandatory? Sorry but that's one real dick move. I've never had a situation where I've had to pass on tipping, but I reserve the right to withhold it.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383437

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Considering what tips supposedly stands for, the couple was well within their rights.ToInsurePromptService

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383439

• Dblueguy
  • Level 6
It was prolly one of the restaurants with the policy if you have more than 3 people or the meal is over $50 you have to pay 15% mandatory gratuity, which is bs because they never actually post that. Hidden fees suck!
[gamercard]Dblueguy[/gamercard]

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383444

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Dblueguy;383439 wrote:
It was prolly one of the restaurants with the policy if you have more than 3 people or the meal is over $50 you have to pay 15% mandatory gratuity, which is bs because they never actually post that. Hidden fees suck!
If they do that, its mentioned on the bill.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383446

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
So the review directory YELP.com where many people rated the Pub negatively decided to delete over 300 posts, and they deleted the funny images people put up, lol.An article about itHeard that the story is even on Facebook now since Yelp decided to delete comments.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip 10 years 2 months ago #383447

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
From one of the comments there, a handy bit of info..A Mandatory Gratuity Is Just a Tip, and Thus Not Mandatory, a Prosecutor Says
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

• Page: