Forum

TOPIC: Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383260

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383263

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
The tax revenue isn't really to much at all. However the savings from drug enforcement could go a long way and in the end actually help police focus in prevent violent and other important crimes. you know like, underage drinking.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383264

• LowVoltag3
Well, I don't know about you guys but in Los Angeles, marijuana is Legal. You can buy a Cannibus Club card almost from any liqour store and LAPD don't even waste there time with weed anymore And theres a Weed store almost on every block here in hollywood. And, I'm not 100% sure but but some one has to be taxing all these stores. Theres absolutely no way that they are being allowed to make all this cash with out the government getting a cut.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383268

• JUSTINFL
  • Level 10
would't marijuana become less popular if it was legal

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383269

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
In Boston pot is now no longer a criminal offense. This essentially means that if you ever get charged with possession its a minor fine. However possession was hardly ever enforced before, and now its practically de facto legal. Yet as far as I can tell there been no changes in people smoking. Those who do, still do, those who dont still dont. The change has been kinda underwhelming. The biggest change is that on the rare occasion that I smoke I get to remind myself that theres virtually no chance of getting in trouble.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383275

• Rook
  • Level 6
BuckFarack187;383264 wrote:
Well, I don't know about you guys but in Los Angeles, marijuana is Legal. You can buy a Cannibus Club card almost from any liqour store and LAPD don't even waste there time with weed anymore And theres a Weed store almost on every block here in hollywood. And, I'm not 100% sure but but some one has to be taxing all these stores. Theres absolutely no way that they are being allowed to make all this cash with out the government getting a cut.
Eh, Cali is a bit different then most states. On one hand, it's a culture unto itself. On the other hand, the state is massively bankrupt, so worrying about the devilweed probably isn't a huge concern. Legalizing and taxing weed would help the systemic financial bleeding the state is going through, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the near future.Midwest and Central U.S is the key. If farmers in Kansas and Oklahoma are puffing derb, then legalization is well underway.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383276

• Rook
  • Level 6
BuckFarack187;383264 wrote:
Eh, Cali is a bit different then most states. On one hand, it's a culture unto itself. On the other hand, the state is massively bankrupt, so worrying about the devilweed probably isn't a huge concern. Legalizing and taxing weed would help the systemic financial bleeding the state is going through, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the near future.Midwest and Central U.S is the key. If farmers in Kansas and Oklahoma are puffing derb, then legalization is well underway.BuckFarack187;383264 wrote:
And, I'm not 100% sure but but some one has to be taxing all these stores.Theres absolutely no way that they are being allowed to make all this cash with out the government getting a cut.
Also, no shit. Where do you think taxes go to.Sorry if I'm misinterpreting this in the usual conspiracy tones.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383277

• LowVoltag3
Well rook, you said above that the government should tax weed... Ofcourse anyone who owns any store is paying taxes, but what I'm saying, which I'm not 100% sure of, is that it is hard to believe that the government, whether state or fed, is not taxing these "stores" with some type of weed tax. Because not to long ago the feds were using blackwater to raid these stores.

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383280

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
JUSTINFL;383268 wrote:
would't marijuana become less popular if it was legal
Has alcohol become less popular?

Wasted Potential: A Cost/Benefit Analysis 9 years 11 months ago #383316

Ezekiel;383280 wrote:
Has alcohol become less popular?
The popularity of alcohol is directly tied to the economy. When things are great, people drink less. When things are horrid, people drink more. I'm too lazy to find a link to show this, but all the same.