Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: I Kept Playing — The Costs Of My Gaming Addiction

I Kept Playing — The Costs Of My Gaming Addiction 10 years 3 weeks ago #381436

It was a good read. I can relate alot to the guy, even though my situation wasn't quite as extreme. Having been someone who has played WoW back in the day, when it was every bit as hardcore as EQ, I can definitely see this as plausible. When I was taking care of my mom after she had a major surgery, all I did was play WoW. I was logging 12-18 hours a day in Azeroth. I stopped working, I gained over 60lbs, wouldn't shower for days, not to mention how bad I let my dental hygiene get... Having not been in the city I lived in very long, I let what few social ties I had sever. I guess it was a good excuse to ignore the depression I was in over getting dumped by my girlfriend of 2 and a half years.I was in one of the best guilds on the server, I farmed, I was in a Grand Marshall farming PvP group. I had 3 shifts of friends I played with. (Daytime Players, My raiding guild and my Euro / Aussie friends). I never missed a raid because my guild "needed me". I was one of the few really good Resto Druids on the server. Not only that but I had every flask recipe in the game.I'm so glad my PC blew up before The Burning Crusade came out. Motherboard and Video Card melted along with my Cooling unit. I had a choice of getting a gym membership at 24 hour fitness or repairing my PC. I chose the former. A little over 18 months later I'm in the best shape of my life and I have a healthy social life with some of the best friends I've ever had in my life. I still play WoW, but I don't need to play it. I go days without playing it. Thank you Blizzard for making the game casual friendly =) Kudos to them.
Dunemaul PvP - 108 days /playedElune PvE - 180 days /played288 days of playing WoW since 2005. /wrists
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: