Forum

TOPIC: I won the lottery!

I won the lottery! 10 years 1 month ago #381142

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Psych!Lottery hoax causes riot at Ohio coat store
COLUMBUS, Ohio – A woman being driven around in a rented limousine pulled up at a coat store and announced she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases, police said, but she ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax.Angry customers threw merchandise around and looted, leaving the store looking as though a hurricane had passed through it, police said.Linda Brown was arrested Tuesday after an hours-long shopping spree that began when she hired a stretch Hummer limousine to drop her off at a Burlington Coat Factory store, police Sgt. Lt. Michael Deakins said. Brown walked to a cash register and loudly announced she had won the lottery and would pay for each person's merchandise up to $500, he said."Well, of course, people like to hear that," Deakins said. "Apparently they were in line calling relatives who were not at the store and told them to come."People flooded the registers as cashiers began ringing up purchase after purchase, but Brown had not yet paid the bill, Deakins said. At least 500 people filled the aisles and another 1,000 were outside trying to get in, he said."She was telling people she won $1.5 million," Deakins said. "But it ends up she didn't win anything. She had no money to pay for anything." About an hour later, Brown had the limousine driver take her to a bank to withdraw money, but she returned empty-handed, police Detective Steven Nace said. By then, store employees had called in two dozen police officers to handle the crowds.
Well.. maybe someone will hit the jackpot on a lawsuit resulting from this. :pSeriously though how stupid do you have to be to believe that was real?
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

I won the lottery! 10 years 1 month ago #381144

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Eh, some people still walked away with free shit though!

I won the lottery! 10 years 1 month ago #381150

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Burr;381142 wrote:
Seriously though how stupid do you have to be to believe that was real?
It's Ohio. :p

I won the lottery! 10 years 1 month ago #381176

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Ummm, so she went to a bank to withdraw money she knew she didn't have, then came BACk to the store to say she couldn't pay?? WTF was she high?
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

I won the lottery! 10 years 1 month ago #381177

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
It isn't the first time.
Brown, 44, was arrested on three outstanding warrants for aggravated menacing, misuse of a 911 system and causing false alarms.

I won the lottery! 10 years 1 month ago #381185

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Token White Guy;381150 wrote:
It's Ohio. :p
Only in my state. People are fucking stupid here.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army