Forum

TOPIC: White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381331

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
SO glad Huffington Post is not a news network, that my friends would be some scary shit.Unfortunately Oomba you are right, but that goes for every major news station. Some people are incapable of deciphering what is actually true and what is opinion.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381334

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Oomba;381330 wrote:
The kind of people that watch Fox News are entirely incapable of rendering opinions or ideas about the politics on their own. Also, since most people get their news from the internet, most of the people who watch Fox News do it because they can't figure out how these typey machines work.
Is there anything to back that up? Because I doubt that a majority of people get most of their news from the internet.Not that it matters since Fox is the highest rated news channel because it has hosts that people want to listen to, and not because the viewers are computer illiterate. But this is all typical Fox News bashing stuff, so whatever. Obama should call out specific TV hosts next. Anyone who questions the administration must be burned at the stake.

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381338

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;381334 wrote:
Is there anything to back that up? Because I doubt that a majority of people get most of their news from the internet.Not that it matters since Fox is the highest rated news channel because it has hosts that people want to listen to, and not because the viewers are computer illiterate. But this is all typical Fox News bashing stuff, so whatever. Obama should call out specific TV hosts next. Anyone who questions the administration must be burned at the stake.
Uh oh, looks like we have a Fox News retard here ;)I assume that Glenn Beck came up with the opinions you just said? We know you guys are incapable of coming up with your own :)
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381343

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I dont even watch tv. I download all my shows/use Hulu.

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381344

• LowVoltag3
Oomba;381330 wrote:
The kind of people that watch Main Stream Media are entirely incapable of rendering opinions or ideas about the politics on their own.
Fixed*This is actually by design. Zbigniew Brezinski, in his book "Between Two Ages: The Technotronic Era", he said this....
In the technotronic society the trend would seem to be towards the aggregation of the individual support of millions of uncoordinated citizens, easily within the reach of magnetic and attractive personalities effectively exploiting the latest communications techniques to manipulate emotions and control reason.— Zbignew Brzezinski, current advisor to Barrack Obama

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381345

Oomba;381338 wrote:
Uh oh, looks like we have a Fox News retard here ;)I assume that Glenn Beck came up with the opinions you just said? We know you guys are incapable of coming up with your own :)
So you know -- I watch Glenn Beck. Sure, I watch Glenn Beck for the same reason I watch NASCAR (the very real possibility of something exploding), but I watch nonetheless. Fox News, being part of Fox Entertainment, realize that sensationalism equals ratings. From a business standpoint, Fox News is nothing short of genius. It's just a shame they use the word "News" in their network title.

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381347

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I just don't understand how they're any worse than other 24/7 "news" stations like MSNBC. Fox just seems to get a lot of flak for doing the same stuff that their competitors do. Other places get a free pass.

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381348

Nut_Man;381347 wrote:
I just don't understand how they're any worse than other 24/7 "news" stations like MSNBC. Fox just seems to get a lot of flak for doing the same stuff that their competitors do. Other places get a free pass.
Other networks at least try to hide their agenda. Fox has made little effort to disguise that they're a conservative talking head.

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381351

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
You can't be serious can you?Latest example: Fox News had ZERO coverage of the gay rights march last week in D.C. even though attendance outnumbered those teabaggers they made such a big deal about the month before.Also I don't remember CNN or MSNBC having any histrionics with their anchors crying on live television "fearing for their country" and telling people to get their guns ready a la Glenn Beck and his ilk.I agree the problems of bias are exactly the same across the board, it's the nature of any reporting, but Fox New is unabashed about it and takes it to whole new levels.The good thing about Fox News is at least you KNOW their bias coming into it. Other outlets pretend they don't have one but subtly discredit their opponents by glossing over legitimate criticism.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

White House's war with Fox News is helping ratings 10 years 3 weeks ago #381355

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Glenn Beck's show isn't supposed to be news. It's a talk show. It's there because you can't just report news 24/7. Why do you think CNN started Larry King Live?Keith Olbermann yells at the viewer and claims some Republican or Fox News guy to be the 'worst person in the world' every single day, but people still focus on Fox News being so biased. They're showing a different view point; serving a different demographic.