Forum

TOPIC: Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381339

  • Oomba
  • Oomba's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3954
  • Karma: 0
Nut_Man;381336 wrote:
You are correct.
You're a fucking idiot.Nut_Man;381335 wrote:
It was necessary to keep disease at a minimum and ensure that people reproduced and played into their correct gender roles so they could continue to expand and grow. They needed a guideline. Rules.Anyone who says that tolerating homosexuals goes against Islam, Judaism or Christianity is someone who knows absolutely nothing about those faiths and just like to pull out specific passages to "prove" their points. Kind of like the gay bashing 'Christians'. Neither of them are correct, and neither will listen to reason.
How did it keep disease at a minimum? Are you one of those idiots that believes only gays have HIV? You're so damn thick is pathetic. I went to Catholic school for 9 years. I've read the entire fucking bible front to back. It's littered with hate and discrimination. Go back to watching fox news and jacking off to Kirk Cameron movies, please. Intellectuals are having discussion here.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381342

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
Yeah because you're definitely a really smart guy, huh.You're just assuming really weird stuff, like that I think only gays have HIV which I never said. I dont care how long you went to a religious school. Unless you actually care about what you're reading you'll never really understand it. You can go to church every sunday for your entire life and not learn a thing. This, among other things, is what a lot of people on both sides of the fence fail to understand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381352

  • Burr
  • Burr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 10751
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1995
Actually if you ask any Jew that really knows their stuff (and I trust a Jewish reading of it more than a Christian with an agenda), the whole Old Testament thing against homosexuality was really about non-consensual, temple sex, usually for fertility rituals. So basically it was about getting rid of the pagan religions around them than any utilitarian purpose. This is why even many Conservative Jews don't give a crap about it.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381354

  • Burr
  • Burr's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 10751
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 1995
Also another thing, people always try to make hay with Hitler as an example of atheism/evolution gone out of whack, but the Nazis made heavy use of Christian symbolism (and even the swastika itself is a borrowed religious symbol) and obviously invoked deep seeded religious hatred towards the Jews.Finally, homosexuality isn't at odds with evolution at all. Evolution doesn't have a contemplated purpose for all its results. It just is. Why are there left handed people? Why are there blue-eyed people? There's no biological purpose behind those characteristics. There is some evidence that homosexuality may be selected for because it increases the viability of siblings, however, but it's all conjecture really. The point is life gets on with it just fine, and thus there's no reason to proscribe against a behavior when the human species is not even remotely at threat from it.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381405

  • Oomba
  • Oomba's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3954
  • Karma: 0
Nut_Man;381342 wrote:
Yeah because you're definitely a really smart guy, huh.You're just assuming really weird stuff, like that I think only gays have HIV which I never said. I dont care how long you went to a religious school. Unless you actually care about what you're reading you'll never really understand it. You can go to church every sunday for your entire life and not learn a thing. This, among other things, is what a lot of people on both sides of the fence fail to understand.
Okay, so if you don't assume that only gays have HIV, then what did you mean about controlling disease? No, of course you don't care. Of course you can only learn what a religion is about if you believe in it. Because I disagree with you. But the fact is still true, religion breeds hate. It is what it is. Religion teaches acceptance ONLY of people who have converted to that very religion. Everyone else is a heathen and a blasphemer who will burn in hell.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381406

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
Oomba;381405 wrote:
But the fact is still true, religion breeds hate. It is what it is. Religion teaches acceptance ONLY of people who have converted to that very religion. Everyone else is a heathen and a blasphemer who will burn in hell.
This just isn't true. Certain people(like these guysand these guys)teach that and they use religion as a platform for their message of hate, but the faiths themselves do not teach that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381407

the displays of stupidity in this thread are absolutely staggering.most of you have a horrible understanding of science, philosophy and the definition of the word religion.oomba, burr and maxpayn are at least kind enough to give you all the attention you so desperately crave while you turn the other way and completely misread/ignore what they say. unfortunately (for you), i won't be doing the same.i'm no genius, but i know better than to speak on subjects i have no fucking clue about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381428

  • Rook
  • Rook's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 6
  • Posts: 330
  • Karma: 10
Oomba;381405 wrote:
No, of course you don't care. Of course you can only learn what a religion is about if you believe in it. Because I disagree with you. But the fact is still true, religion breeds hate. It is what it is. Religion teaches acceptance ONLY of people who have converted to that very religion. Everyone else is a heathen and a blasphemer who will burn in hell.
I guess what I'm getting at is that even if you remove religion from the equation, humans are still a violent, bigoted species who will do violent, bigoted acts without any religious motivation. Do some religions foster these things? Yes, but why is it only with some people and not others. And I know that Christianity and Islam are the usual suspects, but there are plenty of religions who get lumped in without thought. Would you tell the Dalai Llama that Buddhism breeds hate, that anyone who isn't Buddhist is a heathen who will burn in hell? You might hate to accept it, but good things have been done in the name of religion, just like the bad. I think it's more interesting to figure out how we came to have morals and ethics, or feelings of compassion. Nature vs. Nurture. Our environment definitely fosters these things, but at some point they must have become part of our being. How, when, and why did this happen. And on the flip side, why are we as a species violent, bigoted, and hostile like no others on Earth. Maybe Quash can offer some of his obviously invaluable insight.And I feel for Burr, because it's a consistent double standard on all fronts. Love thy neighbor, but not if he's gay. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but not for anyone who is gay. Stupid shit like that is just so obviously wrong, but apparently the ''way it is ok'' is bleak and depressing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381430

  • Oomba
  • Oomba's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3954
  • Karma: 0
Rook;381428 wrote:
I guess what I'm getting at is that even if you remove religion from the equation, humans are still a violent, bigoted species who will do violent, bigoted acts without any religious motivation. Do some religions foster these things? Yes, but why is it only with some people and not others. And I know that Christianity and Islam are the usual suspects, but there are plenty of religions who get lumped in without thought. Would you tell the Dalai Llama that Buddhism breeds hate, that anyone who isn't Buddhist is a heathen who will burn in hell? You might hate to accept it, but good things have been done in the name of religion, just like the bad. I think it's more interesting to figure out how we came to have morals and ethics, or feelings of compassion. Nature vs. Nurture. Our environment definitely fosters these things, but at some point they must have become part of our being. How, when, and why did this happen. And on the flip side, why are we as a species violent, bigoted, and hostile like no others on Earth. Maybe Quash can offer some of his obviously invaluable insight.And I feel for Burr, because it's a consistent double standard on all fronts. Love thy neighbor, but not if he's gay. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but not for anyone who is gay. Stupid shit like that is just so obviously wrong, but apparently the ''way it is ok'' is bleak and depressing.
I wrote a bit of a evaluation on that relates in a way to that subject not long ago. I'll post it. ife, it seems to me, is not unlike NASCAR. You drive around in circles for a lifetime, knowing you haven't won till its over no matter how far ahead of the other cars you get. Some people stick around from beginning to end, your die hard enthusiasts, some check in every once in while to see how you're placed, and others just check in for the highlights. What all those people have in common is that all they really want is to see a crash. The bigger, the better.I don't know if it's the suburbs or if it's just me thinking too much, but it all seems rather pointless. People work their souls to dust, day in and day out, when the best possible outcome they could possibly achieve is to have their names in a book, for future generations to trivialize. Meanwhile, the rest of the population passes on, and is forgotten about. People don't care about you. Nobody ever will. That's because everyone always looks out for number one, first and foremost. When people do something for you, it's because they know that one day you'll be forced to repay the favor. This is why emotional attachments were introduced into human evolution.Once upon a time man wandered the world alone, his only interest was living for one more day. If he wanted something. he had to kill for it. In some cases, that practice is still enacted today. It's a function encoded into us that was never lost. Somewhere down the line a more beneficial approach was introduced, the friendship. Man realized that if he spared another man his fury and extended a helping hand, the two of them could work together to mutually attain their individual goals. Pairs became groups, groups became tribes, and tribes became villages, towns, and cities. It was this, not the ability to use tools or to communicate that advanced our race to the most powerful in the land. These bonds were sealed with the creation of the emotion. Utilizing a constant push and pull between our own disappointment and the guilt of others, everything can be maintained in a strict equilibrium. It's no longer you versus the world, it is us versus the outsiders. The outsiders are not people, they are obstacles which can be overcome.All is well in our bubbles. When another group has something we want, we can drive them out through violence and take what we think should be ours. It eventually becomes apparent to us as man that cooperation amongst different groups is far more beneficial to both. Compromise assures that no losses will be had on either side, should we keep our greed in check. Now, life has become Group A and Group B against Group C.Surely enough, bonding occurs between members of different groups just as it had before between different individuals. As such, communications between these groups started. As such, media was born. Pamphlets, newspapers, and later radio and television allow us to get information from sources about the state of those people we care about, and the goings on of the enemy outsiders. We're still in our bubbles, it's still us versus them. Our sources give us information on the rest of the world from our biased and disconnected viewpoint.Eventually the world sees something its never quite had before. With the invention of the internet, a worldwide media, all of our groups have become connected. Those outsiders are no longer amorphic civilizations outside of our alliances, they have a face. The victims of our wants now have faces, names, families, stories. Now the Us vs Them mentality no longer makes sense. We now feel empathetic towards those who are of no consequence to us.Having two conflicting ideas at the same time is referred to by psychologists as Cognitive Dissonance. Now, the internet has shown a light on the foreign humanity of the world that we were not meant to see. Or perhaps we just aren't ready. Now, our genetic programming, which convinces us that were are the only thing that matters and that everyone else is just pawns on our chess board, and therefore disposable once their uses are depleted, conflicts with our higher thinking and empathetic reasoning that people we know are our equals.When a person experiences cognitive dissonance, something has to give. What results can vary from person to person between illogical rationalizations, which results in anger, anxiety, depression, embarrassment, shame, guilt, anxiety, depression, etc. This is what is happening to our world. The more we hear about how an Iraqi father of four is shot and killed by our own military, about how a 9 year old boy in Wisconsin has been molested by officials in our own churches, about how a mother in China has suffocated her own children in their sleep, the more we have to rationalize."Oh, that priest must just be a pedophile." "Oh, that mother must have been a psychotic." "Oh, that soldier must've been a sociopath." These rationalizations eventually provide one with the truth that people aren't always who they seem on the surface. So if we can't trust our government, our spritual leaders, our own mothers, then we certainly can't trust the guy walking towards on the sidewalk late at night when noone is around. We can't trust those friendly words from the woman next to us in line at the grocery store. We cannot trust anyone. And because both of you and that person you are all of a sudden assuming is a serial killer believe the worst in each other, the thoughts in our minds are becoming self-fulfilling prophecies. This disconnect is whats causing more and more people to be driven insane, which adds more and more horror stories to our Worldwide Web, which is fuel on an ever expanding fire.We are now back at square one. Our roots as man, the me vs. you mentality, is back in full force. The only difference is that now we're so overdeveloped, over populated, we're forced to be around thousands of other "you's" at all times, rather then bumping into one every now and again in our wanderings. So what's next?Think about it.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381437

wats goin on in dis bread
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.