Forum

TOPIC: Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381272

  • Oomba
  • Oomba's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3954
  • Karma: 0
Rook;381255 wrote:
Evolution and Darwinism are the most intolerant beliefs of all. People like to bad mouth religion for what it is, but I don't think many people stop and think on just how bleak and HARSH evolution really is.
Evolution never killed all but two of every creature on the planet with a worldwide flood for the fuck of it. Or fucked Job's shit up for the fuck of it. Or asks people to give their life for it. Or tells us that being gay is immoral. Or tells us that women are subservient to men. It has no intention of bringing its fiery wrath upon us one day for the fuck of it. Need I go on?Besides, being bleak and harsh doesn't mean it's not true. Thats like saying we should let murderers of the hook because its much nicer if we believe they're good people.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381307

  • Rook
  • Rook's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 6
  • Posts: 330
  • Karma: 10
Burr;381261 wrote:
You might be talking about Social Darwinism.Evolution itself has no policy implications...Religion is far more bleak and harsh...
Social Darwinism is dumb. Evolution has no policy decisions, but it's very precise in it's delivery and uncaring. Child dies in birth, well that's it. And religion is only harsh and bleak, because that is what you're looking to get out of it. Plus there's tons of religions out there besides Christianity and the ghost story of Revelations.Oomba;381272 wrote:
Evolution never killed all but two of every creature on the planet with a worldwide flood for the fuck of it.
How many species and individuals of those species have died due to lack of adaptability, mutations, or outside interference from other species like Man. Impossibly high number, but even 1 is more then in a fictional story.
Or fucked Job's shit up for the fuck of it.
Serial killers, Warlords, and everday individuals have fucked up other peoples shit just for the fuck of it. Religious ideals need not be a motivation.
Or asks people to give their life for it.
Communism? Nazism? The Army?
Or tells us that being gay is immoral.
Well, if evolution teaches us that perpetuation of the species is the imperative for our existence, what does that mean for someone who is unable to do so? Genetically inferior? An altruistic worker bee? Plenty of atheists who hate gay people, hate isn't an invention of religion.
Or tells us that women are subservient to men.
Males are often dominate in the Animal Kingdom. Human males have often been dominant throughout history. Is it wrong? Yes, but I doubt we have evolved to be more compassionate towards women.
It has no intention of bringing its fiery wrath upon us one day for the fuck of it.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Besides, being bleak and harsh doesn't mean it's not true. Thats like saying we should let murderers of the hook because its much nicer if we believe they're good people.
No evolution is the truth. I just find the idea behind it boring. I find the ideas behind religion interesting. People like to paint religion with a broad brush, often with unfounded sensationalism. People do ugly things all the time, but if religion is in anyway a factor, it gets jumped all over. Maybe the hypocrisy involved pisses people off, that peaceful religion is a motive for wrongdoing, and that's fine. But how many times does the good get brought up. The arts, literature, music,books, architecture, society, morals and ethics. Never gets brought up, because only dumb hicks are religious.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381309

  • Oomba
  • Oomba's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3954
  • Karma: 0
Rook;381307 wrote:
How many species and individuals of those species have died due to lack of adaptability, mutations, or outside interference from other species like Man. Impossibly high number, but even 1 is more then in a fictional story.Serial killers, Warlords, and everday individuals have fucked up other peoples shit just for the fuck of it. Religious ideals need not be a motivation.Communism? Nazism? The Army?
GOD DID IT. In the fucking Old Testament, you know, the book of Job? Evolution has no personal stake in an individuals life. I'm not talking about religious ideals, I'm talking about the very basis upon which these ideals are built. The biblical God is an angry, petty, unjust murderer who were supposed to revere most high. Thats not fucking bleak to you?
Well, if evolution teaches us that perpetuation of the species is the imperative for our existence, what does that mean for someone who is unable to do so? Genetically inferior? An altruistic worker bee? Plenty of atheists who hate gay people, hate isn't an invention of religion.
Or maybe natures response to overpopulation? It doesn't really matter why homosexuality exists. And yes, some atheists hate gay people. I've never personally met one, as both atheism and altruism tend to correlate with intelligence in most cases. However, religion NECESSITATES negative views on homosexuality. That is the key difference.
Males are often dominate in the Animal Kingdom. Human males have often been dominant throughout history. Is it wrong? Yes, but I doubt we have evolved to be more compassionate towards women.
No, we haven't. The most ancient of recorded cultures were matriarchal. It wasn't until the creation of modern religions that men came to be above women in social order. The bible, Torah, the Qu'ran, as well as many asian religions all assert mans dominance over women.Which was done by people, not the theory of evolution. The flood was caused by God. You're so dense that you cannot see the difference?
No evolution is the truth. I just find the idea behind it boring. I find the ideas behind religion interesting. People like to paint religion with a broad brush, often with unfounded sensationalism. People do ugly things all the time, but if religion is in anyway a factor, it gets jumped all over. Maybe the hypocrisy involved pisses people off, that peaceful religion is a motive for wrongdoing, and that's fine. But how many times does the good get brought up. The arts, literature, music,books, architecture, society, morals and ethics. Never gets brought up, because only dumb hicks are religious.
It doesn't matter if the idea is "boring" to you. How you feel about it doesn't change the fact that you could build mountains out of the irrefutable evidence in evolutions favor. IT IS TRUTH. Nothing "good" has happened thanks to religion that is of any importance to the world. Christianity is single-handedly responsible for the destruction of an untold number of scientific theories, technological advances, pre-dark age art, music, books, and everything else you mentioned. If it weren't for it, we'd have a cure for cancer and cities on Mars by now.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381310

  • LowVoltag3
  • LowVoltag3's Avatar
Oomba;381272 wrote:
Evolution never killed all but two of every creature on the planet with a worldwide flood for the fuck of it. Or fucked Job's shit up for the fuck of it. Or asks people to give their life for it. Or tells us that being gay is immoral. Or tells us that women are subservient to men. It has no intention of bringing its fiery wrath upon us one day for the fuck of it. Need I go on?Besides, being bleak and harsh doesn't mean it's not true. Thats like saying we should let murderers of the hook because its much nicer if we believe they're good people.
I disagree with you.Eugenics/Darwinism/The Evolution crowd are the ones who were behind Hitler.These guys have absolutely no soul what so ever. They're as cold as Ice. They don't see humanity in humans, they see statistics. They gather around round tables and plan out how to get rid of the, what they call, "useless eaters". You also pointed out that god discriminates against certain people, which he has the right to do, just like everyone else has the right to discriminate. But, the darwin cult all openly talk about KILLING people. And wiping out populations. So they are bad in a way too. And Evolution in of itself is not bad. Religion and Evolution can coexist. Evolution is just a word. Of course Evolution exists. Because it's just a word that describes a change. Now Darwinism, is an ideology. It's a religion. And people like hitler were fans of it. So are people like John P Holdren. Not the best of people. Some of this shit may not make too much sense, but give me a break I just got bad from vegas and I'm on 2 redbulls....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381313

1.) The connection between Darwinism and Hitler's "Final Solution", while there, is a bit thin. The way Fush presents it would make it sound as if Charles Darwin himself would applaud the extermination of an entire sub sect of people simply because they weren't what Hitler considered "perfect". 2.) You're all going around in circles. "Darwinism" and Religion, when taken to their logical extremes, are both terribly dangerous and wretched ideals that would do more harm than good. The only difference between the two is that Group A is twisting, warping and manipulating scientific fact to fit their narrow-minded means while Group B is relying on the "invisible man in the sky" argument. 3.) If you take it at it's word, Islam is a peace-loving religion that preaches tolerance. Some of the nicest people I ever met when I was in Iraq were, quite obviously, Muslim. Sadly some of the most disgusting acts being done around the world today are done by people who wave the Islam banner. I do give Islamofacists credit, though -- when they get pissed, they take action. When Christians get pissed, they tend to just pop in one of those sorry ass Kirk Cameron movies and bitch on message boards about how Muslims are "evil". 4.) Religion, to the individual, is perfectly fine and even beneficial. Religion en masse has held back scientific and artistic progress for thousands of years. To deny this is to deny the collective history of Earth. 5.) When are you guys going to learn that arguing with Fush is kind of pointless, as he lives in an alternate dimension to our own, where the things he preaches about are actually occurring and our speech is warped and mangled as it goes through the microwormhole, into his dimension. ...it's the only rational explanation for Fush I can come up with anymore. 6.) On the flipside, religion has inspired many great things such as Notre Dame and Star Wars. Yes, Star Wars. People will still be watching the original holy trinity a hundred years from now... if they don't get remade in the next six months.7.) Y'all realize that Social Darwinism has dozens of definitions, many of which contradict each other, yes?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381317

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
Most of the 'bad' stuff(views on women, homosexuality etc) people point out that's in the bible was in there in the Old Testament and was necessary for those early tribes to grow and expand. Without they would've died off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381329

  • Oomba
  • Oomba's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3954
  • Karma: 0
Nut_Man;381317 wrote:
Most of the 'bad' stuff(views on women, homosexuality etc) people point out that's in the bible was in there in the Old Testament and was necessary for those early tribes to grow and expand. Without they would've died off.
How would they have died off if they respected women and homosexuals, exactly? Would they have all been gay and/or accepted when women have a "headache" and never have reproduced? I'm positive their is no connection between bigotry and human expansion.BuckFarack187;381310 wrote:
I disagree with you.Eugenics/Darwinism/The Evolution crowd are the ones who were behind Hitler.These guys have absolutely no soul what so ever. They're as cold as Ice. They don't see humanity in humans, they see statistics. They gather around round tables and plan out how to get rid of the, what they call, "useless eaters". You also pointed out that god discriminates against certain people, which he has the right to do, just like everyone else has the right to discriminate. But, the darwin cult all openly talk about KILLING people. And wiping out populations. So they are bad in a way too. And Evolution in of itself is not bad. Religion and Evolution can coexist. Evolution is just a word. Of course Evolution exists. Because it's just a word that describes a change. Now Darwinism, is an ideology. It's a religion. And people like hitler were fans of it. So are people like John P Holdren. Not the best of people. Some of this shit may not make too much sense, but give me a break I just got bad from vegas and I'm on 2 redbulls....
Buck, anything can be used for bad. But genocide in the name of Darwinism is UNnatural selection, and goes against the entire theory of evolution. These are hateful people who want to kill and need a banner to fly behind it. Theres nothing in evolution that necessitates those actions. Nothing. Which is what you people seem to be getting hung up on. Because, if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and you don't snub homosexuals and view women as your sex slaves, you're going AGAINST your religion. Which a lot of religious types are educated enough to do more and more every generation, but by the book believers are the ones who do this hate. Because that is what it says to do in their holy books. The Origin of Species is not a holy book, it's a book of science. It does not require, nor does it recommend, any kind of morality or prejudice in its pages. For someone to use evolution for evil, they have to twist and stretch the facts in its pages in a far-fetched and manipulated way. To use religion for evil, you just have to treat these books as instruction manuals.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381333

  • Rook
  • Rook's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 6
  • Posts: 330
  • Karma: 10
Hehehe, this is what I love about religion. Half the people in the world believe in an invisible man in the sky, and the half that DON'T still use him as an excuse to blame things on.God and religion are our best inventions, they can be used as a scapegoat for everything.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381335

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
Oomba;381329 wrote:
How would they have died off if they respected women and homosexuals, exactly? Would they have all been gay and/or accepted when women have a "headache" and never have reproduced? I'm positive their is no connection between bigotry and human expansion.
It was necessary to keep disease at a minimum and ensure that people reproduced and played into their correct gender roles so they could continue to expand and grow. They needed a guideline. Rules.Anyone who says that tolerating homosexuals goes against Islam, Judaism or Christianity is someone who knows absolutely nothing about those faiths and just like to pull out specific passages to "prove" their points. Kind of like the gay bashing 'Christians'. Neither of them are correct, and neither will listen to reason.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Agenda 21: The Death Knell of Liberty 10 years 3 weeks ago #381336

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
BuckFarack187;381310 wrote:
And Evolution in of itself is not bad. Religion and Evolution can coexist. Evolution is just a word. Of course Evolution exists. Because it's just a word that describes a change. Now Darwinism, is an ideology. It's a religion. And people like hitler were fans of it. So are people like John P Holdren. Not the best of people.
You are correct.
The administrator has disabled public write access.