Forum

TOPIC: The G20 Summit Protests

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379570

• LowVoltag3
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/HWP9DhDIz64&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/HWP9DhDIz64&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube][youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/GK4ti--LUNQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/GK4ti--LUNQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]The right to peacefully assemble won't be tolerated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwjAjcQnqM
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379571

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
The truth about the G20 arrest
Well… I was really confused about what actually happened in this video so I decided to do a little leg work and find out for sure. First I was able to confirm, through a spokesperson, that the men in the video are NOT from the Pennsylvania National Guard who are on the ground assisting the police in crowd control but are NOT carrying weapons or making ANY arrests.Next, given that the people in the video aren’t from the Pennsylvania National Guard, I wanted to see what the Police had to say about the video. So I contacted the Pittsburgh Police Department and they gave me the number for the G-20 Joint Information Center which handles press requests on G-20 related security questions.The G-20 Joint Information Center, which can be reached at 412-402-7630, issued this statement to me which explains exactly what is going on in that video:The individuals involved in the 9/24/2009 arrest which has appeared online are law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team assigned to the security operations for the G20.It is not unusual for tactical team members to wear camouflaged fatigues. The type of fatigues the officers wear designates their unit affiliation. Prior to the arrest, the officers observed this subject vandalizing a local business. Due to the hostile nature of the crowd, officer safety and the safety of the person under arrest, the subject was immediately removed from the area.So, yes, the video is real. However, it wasn’t the military and the guy wasn’t being kidnapped. Instead he was being arrested for vandalism.
I wouldn't risk arresting him around possibly angry and violent protesters either.

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379572

• JUSTINFL
  • Level 10
What Happen To The First Amendment

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379573

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Best protest at the G20 Summit:[youtube]7aH5GX8FfXY[/youtube]FUCK YEAH!On a serious note, I don't particularly like the "militarization" of cops. Do we really need SWAT teams or otherwise quasi-military cops arresting vandals (or in other cases, busting into a mayor's house and shooting his dogs, or frightening old ladies to death on crappy tips)? So that excuse ain't cutting it for me.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379579

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
If these protests were truly peaceful, riot gear would not be necessary.

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379582

• LowVoltag3
If you watch this video, everyone is peacefully taking pictures and practicing their first amendment. Then all you see are these riot police cops beating the drums of war with their batons and slowly moving in on a peaceful crowd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwjAjcQnqM

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379585

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
There were plenty of people peacefully protesting, but you know what they say about a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. There were a decent number of anarchists causing problems by vandalizing shops and attacking police officers.

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379596

• LowVoltag3
It's come out multiple times in the news that a lot of times the anarchists are actually working for the police, so that the state can have an excuse to shut down protests.

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379603

• LowVoltag3
[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/v/etv8YEqaWgA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="www.youtube.com/v/etv8YEqaWgA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]Fuck this is like something out of a fucking movie. Watch this video till they end. Even fast forward a bit.

The G20 Summit Protests 10 years 2 months ago #379610

• malvado
  • Level 3
i live in pittsburgh and it's crazy to see it change from small, quiet city to a warzone... haven't seen so much rioting since the pens winning the cup.