Forum

TOPIC: Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"?

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379209

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Nut_Man;379193 wrote:
So does anyone want to explain why they throw their trash in the street? Because I don't think that their government being corrupt has to do with that.
So are you saying that waste management is a governmental responsibility? I'm pretty sure when I put my trash on the side of the road every Tuesday morning that a government contracted waste disposal company comes and picks it up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379211

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Ok, so is that what's actually happening? Because no one seems to be backing anything up. The way they talk it's like they were throwing trash in the street before but the pigs ate it. So the government doesn't do waste collection in Egypt? Is that it? I don't know. Maybe you guys could throw out some links or something so we don't have to just take your word for it. Also, if the government isn't doing it for some reason then wouldn't a business start doing it? I mean, even in the US there are smaller waste collection companies that compete with Waste Management.

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379215

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
When they had the pigs, the owners of the pigs would collect the trash and separate the leftover food stuff for the pigs to eat.But now they don't have any pigs to feed, making the whole enterprise worthless.If they wanted to get rid of the pigs, they should have had another plan to deal with the trash.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379216

• JoEDigiTECH
Nut_Man;379211 wrote:
Ok, so is that what's actually happening? Because no one seems to be backing anything up. The way they talk it's like they were throwing trash in the street before but the pigs ate it. So the government doesn't do waste collection in Egypt? Is that it? I don't know. Maybe you guys could throw out some links or something so we don't have to just take your word for it. Also, if the government isn't doing it for some reason then wouldn't a business start doing it? I mean, even in the US there are smaller waste collection companies that compete with Waste Management.
Really? Links? Really? Come on, man. Do I really need to provide links to support the fact that there are corrupt governments?Those smaller waste collection companies bid for contracts with city governments or development owners. Do you think they go door to door with a truck and ask residents if they would like to pay them to take their trash?

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379217

Burr;379215 wrote:
When they had the pigs, the owners of the pigs would collect the trash and separate the leftover food stuff for the pigs to eat.But now they don't have any pigs to feed, making the whole enterprise worthless.If they wanted to get rid of the pigs, they should have had another plan to deal with the trash.
They're called trash collectors. Shit, just use some pick-up trucks if they're in a pinch (or cheap). Those people love their white Toyota pick-ups over there.

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379219

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;379216 wrote:
Really? Links? Really? Come on, man. Do I really need to provide links to support the fact that there are corrupt governments?Those smaller waste collection companies bid for contracts with city governments or development owners. Do you think they go door to door with a truck and ask residents if they would like to pay them to take their trash?
I never said I wanted links to show that the Egyptian government is corrupt. I mean, not really. I just wanted something that backed up your statement about the government not collecting trash because I don't know if that's true.All I wanna know is why they throw their trash in the street.

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379220

• JoEDigiTECH
Nut_Man;379219 wrote:
I never said I wanted links to show that the Egyptian government is corrupt. I mean, not really. I just wanted something that backed up your statement about the government not collecting trash because I don't know if that's true.All I wanna know is why they throw their trash in the street.
Because they don't have fancy bins to put them in for garbage men to pick it up and they don't want to sleep on it. I tried to get you more info though and it looks like there have been some initiative to improve waste management.http://www.usaid.gov/stories/egypt/cs_egypt_waste.htmlhttp://www.eeaa.gov.eg/seam/Manuals/DakahSolidWaste/Chapter2.pdfSomething just dawned on me, seems like a good reason to throw your trash out into the street. Protesting the stupidity of your government. Just a thought.

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379224

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Interesting. Well you learn something new every day.Also, I would just like to say that I was genuinely curious about this. I wasn't trying to say that this was a culture or a religious thing. I was just curious.

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379230

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Nut_Man;379211 wrote:
After reading the article this was my thinking.Nut_Man;379219 wrote:
All I wanna know is why they throw their trash in the street.
Basically my initial reaction.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Remember when Egypt killed all their pigs due to "swine flu"? 10 years 2 months ago #379246

• JoEDigiTECH
Nut_Man;379224 wrote:
Interesting. Well you learn something new every day.Also, I would just like to say that I was genuinely curious about this. I wasn't trying to say that this was a culture or a religious thing. I was just curious.
Fair enough.