Forum

TOPIC: WTF Has Happened to This Place?

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #377924

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Decipher;377842 wrote:
This is true. I remember back when AGI was on, I used to feel like one of the only people who actually Listened to the show, hung out in chat, AND posted on the forums. There really wasn't -and still isn't- much overlap between the forums and chat.
I did all three (and still kind of with the BBS, only time I'm ever really in Chat)
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #377956

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
This place is more discerning on what is newsworthy than the news sources. I like that. I come here for those kinds of threads and the discussions that ensue.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #378014

• agn
  • Administrator
I think a lot of people visit forums less because of twitter and facebook. There are so many stories that get posted on twitter that I end up commenting on since twitter is on my phone. We are almost done with the new website and adding a bunch of new shows. The good news is we are not getting rid of vbulletin as was initially the plan since we've been able to tie the login to the new site. The look may be tweaked, but the forums will be more integrated and that should bring some new conversations.As for those that get banned etc. I don't shed tears for G4um refugees that felt they could disrespect the shows/members they didn't care about simply because other G4um refugees would complain that they liked it.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #378017

The plan was to get rid of the forums? LOL!!!! WOW.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #378023

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
The plan was to migrate the vBulletin forum database into a new forum software. Not to remove them.My opinion to the OP: If you think the threads here suck, instead of making a thread talking about how they suck, why not make a thread that you don't think sucks?
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #378045

• Rook
  • Level 6
I think for a lot of people here, this place or G4 was one of the first forums they joined. It was all shiny and new, and everybody would hang out all day posting whatever they could think of, or making sigs and avatars, etc. Threads about religion were awesome and interesting. So were 'Rate the signature above you' threads.The internet isn't shiny and new anymore. It's just the internet. A lot of it's been done before. I'm comfortable with just stopping by and posting once in awhile, or just reading what someone has to say. A lot of it's good for a laugh, or just cool to see how someone thinks about something. But it's not something I could do all day anymore, though, or really would want to. I think the golden age of internet forums is kinda gone, for much of us anyway. It's been along time. Shit, back then a guy like Zane, was in like 6th grade or something? Now I bet he's in college. Flavius was a punk kid mod who prolly had nothing but beer and mustard in his bachelor fridge, and now he's like married with a daughter. And that's kinda fucking cool, how the majority of us are complete strangers, but we've all kinda hung out with each other for years. I just regret Dawny didn't post here. I could have used his sage advice over the years. :cool:

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #378048

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
Rook;378045 wrote:
I think for a lot of people here, this place or G4 was one of the first forums they joined. It was all shiny and new, and everybody would hang out all day posting whatever they could think of, or making sigs and avatars, etc. Threads about religion were awesome and interesting. So were 'Rate the signature above you' threads.The internet isn't shiny and new anymore. It's just the internet. A lot of it's been done before. I'm comfortable with just stopping by and posting once in awhile, or just reading what someone has to say. A lot of it's good for a laugh, or just cool to see how someone thinks about something. But it's not something I could do all day anymore, though, or really would want to. I think the golden age of internet forums is kinda gone, for much of us anyway. It's been along time. Shit, back then a guy like Zane, was in like 6th grade or something? Now I bet he's in college. Flavius was a punk kid mod who prolly had nothing but beer and mustard in his bachelor fridge, and now he's like married with a daughter. And that's kinda fucking cool, how the majority of us are complete strangers, but we've all kinda hung out with each other for years. I just regret Dawny didn't post here. I could have used his sage advice over the years. :cool:
My thoughts exactly. I started contributing to G4 when I was in 8th grade, like in 2003. I've known half the people on here longer than all but one of my friends that I still hang with! Craziness, when you think about it.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 6 months ago #378052

Why in the hell would you ever get rid of vBulletin? It's the best forum software.Also, what Oomba and Rook said.