Forum

TOPIC: WTF Has Happened to This Place?

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377755

• Firecube
  • Level 10
I know that I am probably beating a dead horse, but the ranting will ensue anyway. Everytime that I log into the forum, all I see are posts about garbage that someone has seen on the television, or read on some P.O.S. forum site like infowars, or something that someone has seen in the local paper. Stuff like NBC wanting more blacks and gays, crap like Mr. President wanting to cantrol the internet in a crisis, or bullshit about some firefighters and cops not getting along. I know that a lot of you are getting sick and tired of the same users posting the same crap over and over again becuase threads like Lord Moon's "Funny Pics" thread has about 190 posts, when Nut_Man's "NBC wants more blacks and gays" crap has none. Granted that one has been up longer than the other, sure, but that is beside the point. The point is is the threads like my own "What Is Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink?" stay up longer than the ones that are full of shit like BuckFarack187's "ACORN Using Police to Stop Free of Obamacare Opponents" becuase it involves users posting about something that they like or want to do than something that requires or asks one to take a side and post their opinion and await the ensuing flame war that more often than not follows afterwards.Come on people. Cut the bullshit. If I wanted to know about what happens in the world, I'll pick up a paper or a tabloid and read it. This place used to be somewhere I could go and get a good laugh and learn a thing or two about someone else on the forum, but not anymore.Now this place as become somewhere where people post garbage that they found while trolling around on the internet to de-nounce the government and/or insult the people that we elected as leaders.WTF, dude.
Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
Firecube\'s space....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377758

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
The site is slow but it's nice having a few regular posters. It sucks being at a site that is a hundred large and barely know anyone. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch Tusla kick Tulane's ass.

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377759

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't know. I don't consider "What is your favorite ____ " threads to be all that great personally. Especially since many of them have been done several times before..I really don't know what complainers keep expecting from these forums. I guess I don't just sit there and analyze what's going on and demand that everything gets molded to my expectations. If I don't see what I want, I post what I want and see what happens. If I don't get any bites, oh well..I don't have time to follow megapost threads with hundreds of randomly chirping individuals, or to post my preferences in every thread that asks for them, so this pace and ambiance suits me just fine.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377760

• Firecube
  • Level 10
Burr;377759 wrote:
I don't know. I don't consider "What is your favorite ____ " threads to be all that great personally. Especially since many of them have been done several times before..I really don't know what complainers keep expecting from these forums. I guess I don't just sit there and analyze what's going on and demand that everything gets molded to my expectations. If I don't see what I want, I post what I want and see what happens. If I don't get any bites, oh well..
Ehhh.. Very valid point, brother. Maybe I should lurk more and be less of an asshole.
Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
Firecube\'s space....

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377761

I blame the crab people from Exon III:p
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377768

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Oh, so you're one of those, are you?

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377769

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Bring back the Post Your Setup thread.

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377775

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
I think this forum varies a lot in the type of threads and information thats being posted. It will change "attitude" so to speak coming up here soon. Yea some of the threads that are posted annoy the shit out of me, but like Burr I just shrug them off. The thing I like and have always respected about this forum is that there is still a community of members that have been around each other for such a long time that it feels like a family almost, and the original members treat each other like it.

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377777

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Kel;377775 wrote:
The thing I like and have always respected about this forum is that there is still a community of members that have been around each other for such a long time that it feels like a family almost, and the original members treat each other like it.
I'd agree with this, even if we're just talking about those weird, oddball fuckers in your family that you only see every once in a while. I actually dish the shit out here far more than I do on the two other forums that I post on somewhat regularly, only because I am familiar with many of the folks here and know they can more than handle themselves.I'm really not around here much at all anymore, but I doubt I'll ever check out completely. There's a board that I registered on way back when in May, 2001, that I pop in every couple of months or so, just to see what the hell everyone is up to. I anticipate doing the same with you knuckleheads, whether it be here or some other location.

WTF Has Happened to This Place? 10 years 7 months ago #377784

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
You can never be sure what thread will stick. I think anyone that starts a new thread here genuinely wants to discuss the topic. I know personally that I have started threads about games that I thought would be popular but it was basically just me posting stuff over and over. I have accounts all over the interwebz at gaming sites but I rarely go to them. I log on here everyday at work and at home. The people keep me coming back. Yes there is some great content on other forums but you also get a lot of "AAH DOODZ Looke WahT I DIDZ" threads. My point of view is, if you care enough about the forums to make a "what happen here thread" take the time to put up new threads. But let's be honest you aren't going to get too many +100 post threads because there are only about 15 or so regulars here. I think when the new All Games site is up a lot more cross show/community pollinization will occur. Derrick and Scot have hinted at some really cool things they have been working on so hang in there.