Forum

TOPIC: Police and Fire Department not getting along

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 7 months ago #377749

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Fire chief shot by cop in Ark. court over tickets
JERICHO, Ark. – It was just too much, having to return to court twice on the same day to contest yet another traffic ticket, and Fire Chief Don Payne didn't hesitate to tell the judge what he thought of the police and their speed traps.The response from cops? They shot him. Right there in court.
"You can't even get them to answer a call because normally they're writing tickets," said Thomas Martin, chief investigator for the Crittenden County Sheriff's Department. "They're not providing a service to the citizens."Now the police chief has disbanded his force "until things calm down," a judge has voided all outstanding police-issued citations and sheriff's deputies are asking where all the money from the tickets went. With 174 residents, the city can keep seven police officers on its rolls but missed payments on police and fire department vehicles and saw its last business close its doors a few weeks ago."You can't even buy a loaf of bread, but we've got seven police officers," said former resident Larry Harris, who left town because he said the police harassment became unbearable.
Wow.. what a bunch of worthless jackasses. SEVEN cops for such a tiny town? No wonder they have nothing better to do than harass people (and shoot them in the back in court, apparently).
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 7 months ago #377756

Prosecutor Lindsey Fairley said Thursday that he didn't plan to file any felony charges against the officer or Payne. Fairley, reached at his home, said Payne could face a misdemeanor charge stemming from the scuffle, but that would be up to the city's judge. He said he didn't remember the name of the officer who fired the shot.
God, It must be good to be a cop in that town
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 7 months ago #377788

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
This story makes me feel like there actually is a whole other America in the deep south...one where when public servants get shot....IN COURT. And everyone's like, damn, that sucks, lets talk about jesus till things calm down.But I think the real story here is the town's finances. Police officers are trying to increase the towns revenue by writing tickets, but apparently its not enough. This sticks of some kind of corruption or mis use of funds.

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 6 months ago #377841

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow... Just wow.. This and the gays in the military thread really, REALLY, aren't helping your country's image problems. I wish that didn't sound like gloating, but there's no way around it. I'm simply astounded that any judicial system could let something like this happen without felony charges being laid. I don't know how the system works down there, but that firefighter should take it to state level, and federal if he has to.

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 6 months ago #377846

Reffy;377788 wrote:
This story makes me feel like there actually is a whole other America in the deep south...one where when public servants get shot....IN COURT. And everyone's like, damn, that sucks, lets talk about jesus till things calm down.But I think the real story here is the town's finances. Police officers are trying to increase the towns revenue by writing tickets, but apparently its not enough. This sticks of some kind of corruption or mis use of funds.
Kinda makes you wonder what that whole "The South shall rise again" is all about. And yes, you really have to wonder about what that town is doing
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 6 months ago #377847

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Small town governments are incompetent everywhere.

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 6 months ago #377861

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
And I thought the government of my town of 24000 was corrupt back home, dayuum.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 6 months ago #377891

• jwg
One hundred seventy four people? Well, you can bet that everybody knows each other. I'm sure they have quite a decent good`ol boys network going on. You'd think running a small town would/should be fairly easy. I see it here, too, but not at that extreme of a level......not usually.

Police and Fire Department not getting along 10 years 6 months ago #377907

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
jwg;377891 wrote:
You'd think running a small town would/should be fairly easy.
Not when the Mayor or anyone with any authority has a complex.